Free to a good home, 038 MS380 cylinder & piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJH

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Found a Stihl cylinder in an abandoned engine test lab at work. Cylinder is in decent shape, a bit of transfer, piston is a bit rough, one ring stuck in groove and broke. A quick search on the 1119 part number shows 038, MS380 50 mm cylinder (50 mm confirmed with calipers)

It certainly was used to cut wood, but don't know if it was on test, or a home project someone brought in. Sitting next to a relatively new looking 8 cylinder Caterpillar diesel engine, been sitting there for years. Building is slated to be torn down, I'll try to get the diesel, would make my little Honda 4 cylinder run a bit stronger!

Free for the cost of shipping if someone can use it. Otherwise to the metal scrap bin.

Attachments

• KIMG0296.jpg
    KIMG0296.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • KIMG0298.jpg
    KIMG0298.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • KIMG0299.jpg
    KIMG0299.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Sounds like a cat 3208 engine--Any questions just ask--I have been working on cat Equipment/engines 35 years--David:sweet:
I'll snap a picture of it. Don't know if they were testing it, we did fuels and lube oil here (Sunoco). A shame to see it sitting there with the building falling down around it. Several large Detroits in another building, spares for fire water pumps, but haven't been touched in over 15 years.

Would that cylinder be for the regular 038 or the magnum?

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back