• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade FREE!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle_Adam

Forum smart but 2stroke stupid....
Reaction score
Sweet, Now that I have your attention. I’m a firm believer in karma And this site has provided me with access to a bountiful knowledge base and a plethora of individuals willing to give serious/helpful answers to a newb and not every online community is like that. So I’d like to give back to this community, it’s not much but it’s what I have right now. Once I have all my saws running there will be more items, but that’s a tale for another day ;)

Take one or both & I’ll ship em if you cover the cost of shipping. Local pick up in Beaverton OR is FREE

38AF0DB9-478D-4D8B-9077-8C1F9AB7646A.jpeg

Also, if anybody happens to be in need of some firewood for next year. I have a growing pile of “off cuts” that won’t stack well in my piles so I’m more than willing to give them away. I also have enough unseasoned wood that if you had a decent story I would probably give me some.

D0546667-B50F-4A06-8031-854CE4F59A24.jpeg CD322892-3160-47E5-8ACF-8619D2C0DB33.jpeg 9029D01A-9DA1-4501-972F-E4B18F385141.jpeg

Welcome fellow Oregonian! If you need parts, service or port work done hit me up. We're not very far apart. Also for axe handles your nearest logging supply store should have some. Other than that ace hardware has some but I buy all my handles from
www.househandle.com. www.beavertoothhandle.com is another option.

-Ian

Welcome fellow Oregonian! If you need parts, service or port work done hit me up. We're not very far apart. Also for axe handles your nearest logging supply store should have some. Other than that ace hardware has some but I buy all my handles from

-Ian
Where are you at in oregon? I am from the eugene area

-Ian

Good to know another face in the community that is close by!! It’s also good to know that somebody close by might just have a part I need in a pinch, I’ll send you a PM here shortly. As for axe handles, call me a noob or naïve (One of which is true I’ll let you decide which one) but off the top of my head was out cheating and using Google. I couldn’t tell you where a single “logging supply store“ would be… but I would most definitely be interested to know! Ace Hardware is actually where I have obtained the last few ask handles that I have hung. At least at my local store they have changed from one brand/supplier of wooden tool handles to a new one. All I can say is that I am not a fan of the new one, i’d say 80 to 90% of the handles I looked at from the new supplier I would not have purchased for one or multiple reasons. To me and ask handle is something I would prefer to purchase in person rather than via the Internet, so my hunt for a local supplier still continues. I am open to any suggestions though. If I do end up subcoming to the Luer of the inter-webs In order to obtain a new X handle. I’m fairly committed to the idea of purchasing one from https://www.hoffmanblacksmithing.com/ . I follow their YouTube channel and seem to agree with his ideology and what not. Pretty sure that if I don’t end up finding a local source for decent handles by the time The boys at Hoffman blacksmithing actually get an ax handle blank in stock in the size I am after then I will end up just ordering one from them. Mainly because they leave there’s oversized which will allow me to be the “reason“ that the handle doesn’t fit the way I’d like when it comes down to it in the end. I’m also a huge fan of the fact that they don’t put the cut down the center of the eye that the wedge is supposed to be pounded into.

Anyway I’m rambling now....

Latest posts

Back