Fresh Install Kohler CH752/Vermeer BC625A Super High Idle issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasBronson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
As a few of you know I replaced my old tired out command pro CH25, with a new 27HP Kohler CH752, and man oh man what a massive difference. Had I known how effortlessly this thing pulls brush compared to what I had, I would’ve done it years ago.

One issue that’s driving me nuts is and it’s been like thos since I first fired it, idling waaaay too high. I knew it sounded way too high but knew there was no sense to call the the team at Repower until I knew what the actual RPM was, so I got a $13 digital tech off amazon that works awesome BTW, just as I suspected, 1865rpm under load with clutch Engaged and 2000rpm (no Load) vs 1200 no load, where it should be,, thing is the plate that sits out in front of the idle screw with the throttle pulled all the way back, that play is sitting out off the idle screw at least 1/16”... I’ve read the Kohler service manual and there’s absolutely no issue with the governor when she calls for power it’s there with No hesitation.

I think bc it’s an easy option to loosen the Torx machine screw holding the choke and throttle cables down and maybe see if pushing the throttle cable forward a bit will help it but IF that doesn’t resolve it, could it possibly be a governor adjustment needed ??

Back