• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Freshly rebuilt 262xp ...ported by me! will trade for 372xp...see 3rd page

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale today is the last of my 262 projects. Though not a beauty queen, this one is the nicest. I started with bare case halves, new ntn c3 bearings, am seals, cut the case on the mill to tighten squish, down at a very safe .025 or so... the OEM P&C were in fine shape on this saw, so I even kept the oem rings...compression is just north of 170 psi. Exhaust is around 103, 118 transfers and 71 intake. It has a new plug, new oem fuel line, new chain catcher, new exhaust gasket, muffler modded, brand new oem clutch cover / chain brake. Brand new clutch drum, pinion, 7 pin rim set up for 3/8. Oiler works fine. New carb gaskets and intake partition.. hd 120 carb (not the 87 ...sorry) hmm, what else. ? new clutch spring, new 262xp sticker .... I spent a lot of time on this saw, and a lot of money. $500 shipped lower 48 only, paypal FF only. PHO.

I'll upload a video of it idling. I have it idling as I type this and it hasn't missed a beat. I made 3 cuts with it but the buyer will need to tune to suit.

To answer the question, why the sale? I have one that I built for myself, I don't need 2. I don't mind keeping it though if nobody wants it. I build these for fun and for a challenge. Photos to follow

Sorry, didn't put much of a description of the porting. I gently widened and reshaped the exhaust and intake, and adjusted the height of the transfers in the dental office. So ...yes, ported. I don't want to give anyone the impression that i'm nearly as good as the pro's on this site, just doing this for fun and to see what I can do. case is trimmed to optimize squish, jug has been ground on for porting, muffler modded. It DOES have a gasket, and even so the squish is .025 or so because some of the chassis has been trimmed away. The benefit to doing it this way is that if the jug goes bad, throw a new one on and the squish will still be pretty tight :)

Up for sale today is the last of my 262 projects. Though not a beauty queen, this one is the nicest. I started with bare case halves, new ntn c3 bearings, am seals, cut the case on the mill to tighten squish, down at a very safe .025 or so... the OEM P&C were in fine shape on this saw, so I even kept the oem rings...compression is just north of 170 psi. Exhaust is around 103, 118 transfers and 71 intake. It has a new plug, new oem fuel line, new chain catcher, new exhaust gasket, muffler modded, brand new oem clutch cover / chain brake. Brand new clutch drum, pinion, 7 pin rim set up for 3/8. Oiler works fine. New carb gaskets and intake partition.. hd 120 carb (not the 87 ...sorry) hmm, what else. ? new clutch spring, new 262xp sticker .... I spent a lot of time on this saw, and a lot of money. $500 shipped lower 48 only, paypal FF only. PHO.

I'll upload a video of it idling. I have it idling as I type this and it hasn't missed a beat. I made 3 cuts with it but the buyer will need to tune to suit.

To answer the question, why the sale? I have one that I built for myself, I don't need 2. I don't mind keeping it though if nobody wants it. I build these for fun and for a challenge. Photos to follow

i'm guessing you've never had a clutch fly off and go 100MPH past your face? :laugh: it's actually kinda rare. they usually spin off and go bouncing across the yard but the odd one can be deadly! i don't run saws without a clutch cover anymore ever since "the incident" LOL

Can I really bust your bubble? Haven't decided yet but I have a 372 I just put together which then leaves me in a conundrum. ..keep the other 262xp that I built for me or sell that one too???

ie, I may have ANOTHER 262xp for sale....

not sure if its worth it for me to have the 262xp that I built for myself vs a 372 (already have one, haven't a 2nd isn't a bad thing since they share parts) what would you do?

It's always nice to have spare parts. But then again it's nice to Have a couple different saws LOL.

If it was me I would have the different sizes .... but different strokes for different folks.

GLWS if I had the money I would buy it for sure. Nice clean looking saw you got there.

I'm not sure I could justify owning a 372 with a nice running 262 or any other good running 60cc saw for that matter. If I'm building a 2 saw plan I like the idea of a 60 and 80cc scheme. Most of the wood I'm going to run into can be cut with a 20" bar and anything left would be covered by the 80 cc class saw. If I needed to start carrying a 24" all the time the 372 would be my choice though. 262 and 390 or 385.
I say keep them both, make one your work saw and make the other a shelf queen until the day you need it. :D

I felt it with finger...not near as bad as it looks. Please check the other photos, above the ring is clean. The cylinder was clean too, which is why I chose to leave it this way rather than break in a new set of rings. compression is north of 170... without squishband cut....

Back