Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was cool to see the results. East coast guys usually do 60-72 dl and west coast is 91-105 and they bore in and then make a cut. I don't care either way. If hedgerow is having his GTG in November that would give plenty of time for people to get in it. Also picking a powerhead to run them on also helps so people can try to set them up aggressive enough for them so they don't stall or have to push real hard to get it through the log.

Maybe Matt will chime in. I know he has a 28" stihl light bar in .050". Might be a little less cutters for everyone to file and stuff. I've spent 8 hours on a 60dl chain before.

No... i think we need a smaller saw. A big saw can overcome a poor chain, just lower the rakers, but a small saw.. no way to over power the chain, its got to be right. I say a 50-60cc saw, ported of course to get the RPM up... after all, clearing the chips is 1/2 the battle!

No... i think we need a smaller saw. A big saw can overcome a poor chain, just lower the rakers, but a small saw.. no way to over power the chain, its got to be right. I say a 50-60cc saw, ported of course to get the RPM up... after all, clearing the chips is 1/2 the battle!

If you go that long of a bar a big saw can still be stopped in 20" of wood. I seen a 3120 stalled out in an 8x8"

Ported 562??
I got an adapter... Sooo.. Whatever Jasha was thinkin' will work...

Back