Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember right, the fastest chains in the pine were leaving good sized chips, but not the long, thin peelings.
I agree good sized chips but not long, there were a couple that had long thin peelings but they weren't the fastest. It seemed good chip size on fastest were close or just below 1/2" IIRC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To much going on with just my phone.
Posted a text msg. At least it wasn't dirty [emoji15][emoji50]

is the dolly any faster with a 7 pin vs 8 like muh steels ?seems like the tourque works better on my saws for bite when i am cutting with a 7 ,the 8 feels like a tire burning out losing traction

I know that I have learned a lot by particapating in this "comp" and by you posting pics of the chains...I think one of my problems is by putting to much forward lean on the side cutter...thanks guys for taking the time to do this!

I know that I have learned a lot by particapating in this "comp" and by you posting pics of the chains...I think one of my problems is by putting to much forward lean on the side cutter...thanks guys for taking the time to do this!
And don't take any off the rakers until absolutely necessary.
I noticed your chain made a rather large gain from slower than RSL in the nasty stuff to faster than RSL in the pine...
I would have liked to put about .015 back on those rakers and cut again, cause they did remove material pretty good.

Something I noticed about the winning chain and the RSL... Both had top plate angles of 15-20 degrees...
In hard shattering stuff, I'm wondering if that did not aid those cutters... Once in the softer stuff, they lost their advantage...
Hmmmmm.....
Alan's chain was set up for sheer material removal... I'm thinking 6 cube type chain there... Or a strong 5 cube at least..

Maybe Alan or Redhorse can recall the time the 064 turned in with one of my decent 72dl GTG chains? I bore cut with it too, so it don't have low rakers.

Maybe Alan or Redhorse can recall the time the 064 turned in with one of my decent 72dl GTG chains? I bore cut with it too, so it don't have low rakers.
At least a couple of seconds faster, so much so I forgot I was timing and just stood there in awe [emoji2]. I want to say in the hackberry it was around 5.5 and pine was 6 something. Alan do you remember closer numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back