Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there wasn't enough of the original chain left for anyone to be able to tell what make it was! It barely weighed half of what a new chain weighs.
That chain will move some stuff...
The chrome being gone just makes carving on it easier!!!
I'm thinking 3120...

Oh, and for what it's worth, I liked the stock RS offering better than the stock RSL!!!
It was smoother!!
Moparmyway's chain found a saw it really liked in the 7900.. Pulled hard, but was smooth, and skip to boot.. It had about 20-25 degree top plate FWIW... Was just right for the Hackberry, just couldn't remove the gobs of pine fast enough.. Teeth were a little short..
Just some observations...
That chain wasnt even ran untill you threw it on last weekend. Seems you and mdavlee have the rest of us by a good margin....... Back to the drawingboard for me !!

Awols chain with 7 seconds in the pine. :bowdown:

That chain wasnt even ran untill you threw it on last weekend. Seems you and mdavlee have the rest of us by a good margin....... Back to the drawingboard for me !!

Awols chain with 7 seconds in the pine. :bowdown:
Your skip chain ran good...
Very smooth.. So file that away in the info bank..
Do a full comp on the next race!!

Your skip chain ran good...
Very smooth.. So file that away in the info bank..
Do a full comp on the next race!!
Thanks Hedge !!!
I have an 84 dl all done, just hanging on a magnet.

I dont know if I will ever do another "race" chain - that thing took too much time and too many files/burrs.

Back