Friendly Chain Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry...
As long as you weigh less than a small rock, you'll sink, and all will be good..???
Not quite ............. seems someone is trying to deflect some attention !
If I am goin in the lake, it will be AFTER You :bowdown: and Mdavlee :bowdown: are burned at the stake !

:laugh:

Attachments

• Hedge race Nov 2014.JPG
    Hedge race Nov 2014.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 62
I have found strong, lower RPM, old saws are faster with more agressive rakers/chains
got to move the wood somehow :)
Well Said. Todays modern saws are all about chain speed and lots of it. The downside of coarse is that chains need to be alot more precisely filed. An older saw had the torque and lower chain speed(much lower) to just drag an incorrectly filed chain through the cut without much problem. Nowdays have uneven depth gauges or take to much off and you have a rough handling, hard wearing, dangerous tool in your hands that does not perform well at all. With the super high chainspeed of today, a 'smooth' chain is far more effective than an 'aggressive' chain. Lower depth gauges with precision and the mathematical knowledge to get the best result.

Very interesting to read. Like many of you I'm somewhat surprised by the results. It would have been interesting to see how stock CL would have done

Latest posts

Back