Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

FS-86 Clutch Pad Repair?

Discussion in 'Hand Held Equipment and Tools' started by Be Stihl, May 9, 2018.

1. Be Stihl

Be Stihl ArboristSite Lurker

E1CADF5D-2B8E-4763-BBBA-6E746B1EE2F9.jpeg F8CA8EFB-2B9A-4ACD-A737-556FC90D3A5F.jpeg After 6 hours straight on my hillside, my brush cutter head seized and would not disengage. I finished up 30min cutting by holding it WOT, any thing less would almost stall engine.
    Took it apart to find the pad material had separated from the shoe and wedged itself to the drum. I asked my Stihl dealer and he said he can’t get those parts due to its age, I guess. Anyway, Gorilla Clear glue and a clamp is my only answer.
    Do you men think it will hold, or is it pointless to try??

2. ironman_gq

ironman_gq Addicted to ArboristSite

Heat is going to kill that glue almost immediately, find a lining shop and see if they can do it. Shouldn't cost more than $20-30 to use the right stuff. Sounds like a lot of guys have had good luck with PlioBond, I'd think their 30-HT would work well. They sell it at McMaster Carr.

Or you could spend $25 and buy a new clutch
    https://www.amazon.com/Clutch-Assembly-Stihl-FS60-FS61/dp/B01ES88TP2