fs130 carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Graff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know this is probably the wrong forum, but the responses here are faster, I'll post here.

The carb on one of my FS130 weed trimmers is acting a what I think is a bit weird. I changed the fuel prime bulb on it, and after doing so, I primed the carb to test it. What I noticed that I hadn't noticed before was that the carb had gas coming out of the throttle rod on the side away from the linkage connection while priming. Is this normal for that carb?

I didn't try to start the machine after I saw that. I also have to replace the fuel lines on it.

It probably means your accelerator pump o-ring is leaking.
They work off the throttle shaft, and when they get galled, they can leak.
It can be confirmed by pulling the brass plug on the end, then removing the throttle shaft.
I myself use a punch that fits the plug, then rock it sideways to pop it out.
The accelerator pump is actuated by a "flat" on the throttle shaft.
It's designed to increase the pressure inside the metering chamber enough to squirt a small amount of fuel into the venturi. This is a design to compensate for lean condition, or stumble upon acceleration.
When the shaft gets worn enough, it creates a air leak, which usually causes an unstable idle. Then if the accelerator pump is leaking as well, air will get sucked into the metering chamber, causing all sorts of problems.
Confused yet?

Back