• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn FS61 fuel tank FOUND

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

660catman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a good fuel tank for an FS61 weed wacker?
I’ve been looking for a while with no luck being discontinued. It’s way too brittle to work on.
If not I’ll see if I can retro fit another tank somehow.
8ba14faf2d2ccdd84e1ce38c946985bd.jpg

ba845e35b8ae285087685538c37c26f1.jpg

bb8b5d1d700efdf32c9011c26be7dfc4.jpg

Retired guy from SE Manitoba

So I used my plastic welding skills to weld up the hole. I used a piece of filler neck from a Wedco gas can. I took a dremel with the sandpaper tip and roughed up complete tank. I then took my glue gun and coated the tank with glue. After that I took a small butane torch to smooth out the glue better. It’s now sitting in garage with full tank of fuel to test for leaks. I’ll let it sit for a day or so and hopefully this will work. If not, I looked on the internet and a tank that may work would be from an old Tecumseh lawn mower. I would just need to make a mounting bracket and somehow reduce the gas outlet from tank to inlet on carb.

Did 45 minutes of weed wacking and my welding “skills” have worked. It was leaking a bit on top but I didn’t have gas cap of quite enough. So far no leaks.

Well it started leaking again. Fuel eats away at glue I used.
Back to square one[emoji35]

We would need to figure out cost to ship to a Canadian address. If it wasn’t for this covid crap going on I could get it shipped to a Lancaster Minnesota address and pick up there.

I just thought I would update my old post. I did manage to use a fuel tank off an Eskimo ice auger a friend gave me. Had to make a couple of brackets but it worked out.

Attachments

• IMG_5897.jpeg
    IMG_5897.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5899.jpeg
    IMG_5899.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5901.jpeg
    IMG_5901.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back