FS90R 4 mix woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh ! When you are setting the rockers are they a bit loose or totally tight?
That little feeler Guage slips in and out snug. There "should" be a bit.of play between the rockers and the spring clip holder thing. It's amazingly simple once you've done a few...I used to hate these motors until I tore a few apart and now I kinda like em...often I get them all locked up and adjust the valves and boom.

Back to work. Or sale...

Huh ! When you are setting the rockers are they a bit loose or totally tight?
I usually shove something soft in the sparkplug hole and get the piston to the top. If the valves are so tight that there is NO play I turn the motor another cycle and see if the valves open and close with the slighted rocking...if they do NOT then you can adjust with the feelers. A couple of "cycles" and the difference is obvious. I'll call you next time I do one...got a couple of pole saws I gotta do soon.
You any good rebuilding the shafts on the ht 101/131 ?
Groundies love bending them up good. $300 a step

I can do s
I usually shove something soft in the sparkplug hole and get the piston to the top. If the valves are so tight that there is NO play I turn the motor another cycle and see if the valves open and close with the slighted rocking...if they do NOT then you can adjust with the feelers. A couple of "cycles" and the difference is obvious. I'll call you next time I do one...got a couple of pole saws I gotta do soon.
You any good rebuilding the shafts on the ht 101/131 ?
Groundies love bending them up good. $300 a step
I can do the shafts but i hate them! I know how to set the valves your post was a bit confusing.

I can do s

I can do the shafts but i hate them! I know how to set the valves your post was a bit confusing.
Yup...it made it simpler for me to think of it this way...everybody always just says "set TDC" and thats not it in this 4mix setup. sorry for the confusion.
gotta catch up soon.

Yup...it made it simpler for me to think of it this way...everybody always just says "set TDC" and thats not it in this 4mix setup. sorry for the confusion.
gotta catch up soon.
If someone says to set valves at TDC it should be instantly recognized as the compression stroke. Out side of multi cylinder engines where you know which cylinders you can adjust what valves when number 1 is TDC its pretty much the only TDC that matters.

If someone says to set valves at TDC it should be instantly recognized as the compression stroke. Out side of multi cylinder engines where you know which cylinders you can adjust what valves when number 1 is TDC its pretty much the only TDC that matters.
Fully agree...however every other ope motor I ever pulled down had compression on EVERY up stroke...these 4mix ers are funky.

Latest posts

Back