Fuel boiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old thread - but in my limited experience the fuel boils in my Jonsered 450 (cast metal tank) all the time, while the Stihl 440 (plastic tank) never boils. And yes, I've run both saws with the same fuel, same weather on the same day (but not simultaneous due to a minor constraint with the number of limbs available to hold a running chainsaw)
octo.jpg

I would love to see that Philbert. I have had this issue with 2 different saws now. It was a regular thing on my 455 Husky. I replaced the breather and it continued. Often I discovered the issue after the saw cut off like it was out of gas. I would open the tank and sometimes fuel would gush out. Once that settled out you could see the roil of bubbles coming up in the tank. Just had it happen a month ago with my new 365. Finally found a source for non-ethanol fuel. Was hoping that would help. Reading this discussion I don't know that it will.

If it is coming from the fuel filter it has to be some kind of issue with the fuel line / carb. The winter fuel issue seems to be a possibility too, though I never seem to be able to recall exactly when I last purchased fuel to see if I cold connect it to that. if my memory holds spring and fall for when it happens seems right.

Your octopus, despite it's high productivity, should be fired for unsafe operations.

One handed saw use is prohibited, particularly for saws that aren't even top-handled. Two at a time is twice as bad!
I suppose one could argue that the mollusk is not using any hands, but I'm calling that evasive.

I once thought the geysering was due to ethanol, but apparently not. (Been using non-ethanol for years.)

My fuel container is ALWAYS in the shade, usually covered with a tarp.

Wow! The Stihl video caught the condition I have seen on video. On the plus side it is not an equipment issue. Got be sure what time of year you buy fuel. crazy. As if there wasn’t enough other stuff to worry about. Wound up jacking my tuning all up trying to get it to restart last time. Lesson learned I hope!

Your octopus, despite it's high productivity, should be fired for unsafe operations.

One handed saw use is prohibited, particularly for saws that aren't even top-handled. Two at a time is twice as bad!
I suppose one could argue that the mollusk is not using any hands, but I'm calling that evasive.
I was unhappy that he only had 2 saws instead of 8.... :laugh:

Back