Fuel:oil ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize the lower you go in ratio the oil is thicker if you have a 50 to 1 it’s leaner. Higher more gas less oil ,lower More oil less gas. As for me I always like leaving mine little in the “rough”Little bit more oil As opposed to gas when I’m adjusting the carburetor
Their discussing the potential for additional oil replacing the fuel as a cooling agent when it vaporizes , thus leaning the engine out . Theoretically possible however remote with today's syn oils ability to protect metal surfaces . You may have a slightly hotter running engine worst case scenario !

Have a look at the black plastic throttle plate where it pivots there is a translucent plastic plug in the top, if you pry that out I would bet there is an adjustment screw hidden down there. That should be the low speed screw. If you post some more pics of the carb I may be able to show you where there are other adjustments. Lots of carbs appear to be fixed jet but the screws are hidden.

Have a look at the black plastic throttle plate where it pivots there is a translucent plastic plug in the top, if you pry that out I would bet there is an adjustment screw hidden down there. That should be the low speed screw. If you post some more pics of the carb I may be able to show you where there are other adjustments. Lots of carbs appear to be fixed jet but the screws are hidden.

I have not encountered any plastic welch plugs , however that would be proactive on the manufacturers part ..Cheers ! :cheers:

They are already in common use, mainly on brushcutters and trimmers. They aren't new carbs just new in terms of chainsaw applications.

I wonder if the appeal is that something like a trimmer spends more time at part-throttle under load, instead of idle/WOT like a saw. Maybe the rotary cylindrical throttle gives better mixture control at part-throttle settings without the manufacturing complexity of a motorcycle-type slide carb (Mikuni, Keihin).

I wonder if the appeal is that something like a trimmer spends more time at part-throttle under load, instead of idle/WOT like a saw. Maybe the rotary cylindrical throttle gives better mixture control at part-throttle settings without the manufacturing complexity of a motorcycle-type slide carb (Mikuni, Keihin).
Somebody’s hijacking this thread

Back