Full on video of a removal ... HUGE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekka can I ask why they wanted to remove the tree? I always hate to see a house with absolutely no cover after a removal.

Awesome vid!!!

I'm always waiting for the safety police to say something but we bringem down in big pieces around here too...

Why did the tree get cut down?

I'm not 100% sure, I arrived during the job and left while they were still working on it.

First off, absolutely assume video and soundtrack!!!!!
I was very impressed at the climber's ability to move around with spikes, must do a lot of removals. Now his practices are a little questionable, as some have already pointed out. Looking past the lack of hard hats and other PPE, there were some major things that made me go "ohhhh man!!" That one handed work with the saw is a no-no in my book, I know others here do it but it just isn't my bag baby. How he moved the saw while cutting some notches was a little unnerving too, cutting with the bar top and pulling the saw towards him so the bar tip is last to touch. Couple times the saw started to kick a bit while doing this stuff, again not my bag. I too am not into using beaners for rigging but it obviously works so to each his own I guess. Pulling with the truck was just a bit too much also. In the end I have a hard time putting my safety in the back seat. This guy could be one hell of a climber with the right teacher though.
Again, great video!!!

Well I hate to be a stick in the mud..... but this rather smallish to medium size removal was done in a poorly thought out fashion. The climber is an amateur who needs to improve his technique before he hurts himself or a member of his crew.

Whoever edited the video footage did an admirable job of trying to make the crew and climber look better than they really are.

A good example of amateur fly by the seat of your pants treework with a fair amount of luck on the side.

The climber has potential with a fair bit of professional training.

Sorry if I'm popping anyones bubble here.

jomoco

Great soundtrak! Definitely one of the best examples of seat of the pants treework I've seen. Although I admire His taking care of business attitude and his ease of movement in the canopy, I wouldn't work for him or with him. Somewhere down the line, someone's gonna get hurt!

Made a darn good video though! LOL

I love the part where he jumps around to escape the log. :biggrinbounce2:

So Ekka, what happened to the video? I have tried several links you have posted and none of them work for me. Is it just me or os there another problem? I am interested in seeing these vids.

Thanks,
Chris

All there and all work.

All WMV format, make sure you have latest windows media player.

OK, then it's me, dang it! Other formats work fine, and I have v10.0 for WMP, but I get some kind of DNS error whenever I try to open a WMV off the net. I just tried it someplace else and got the same thing.
Thanks for verifying your vids for me. I'll see if I can work this out on my end so I can see your vids.

Thanks,
Chris

OK, a quick search on Google, and a "re-association" of WMVs with WMP has fixed it here. Yippee!
What I did:
From WMP, Go to Tools>Options, on the File Types tab. Uncheck WMV and click Apply then check WMV and click Apply/OK.

Thanks,
Chris

How easy was that! Just like I lost the spell checker on my Firefox Browser, all I had was the option turned off for some reason but finding it was not so easy, then when I did find it like >>>>

>>> how obvious you IDIOT! LOL

Went into a video shop the other day, picked a movie, go to the counter, bloke says "oh, that's blueray can you play that?"

So many formats now it's crazy, I can make videos into many many formats but stay with WMV coz most seem to view it and players are free even from microsoft. I bet if I made DivX then there'd be trouble.

Oh yeah, it was easy once I had an idea where the problem was. Most times I encounter vids/links that have gone away from some reason, which is why I asked first.
I just eliminated the middleman and am going through each video on your site now, to see what I can learn. :)

Thanks again,
Chris

Back