Full tilt 024

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a full on race saw. It is made to compete in the 3 cubic inch class, Runs on gasoline and has a race chain included. This engine has been ported, polished, lightened, turbo crank, decked, muffler hogged, advanced, and carburetor bored and is ready to rumble. Looks stock. Anyone need a play toy?

I have developed my own method for what I call a turbo crank. I will not divulge what it is because it works and getting an edge these days is difficult. If you obtain the saw you will of course be free to look and copy on other saws, if you have the equipment. Mike

I have developed my own method for what I call a turbo crank. I will not divulge what it is because it works and getting an edge these days is difficult. If you obtain the saw you will of course be free to look and copy on other saws, if you have the equipment. Mike

So by 'turbo crank', you mean something like this:

tuning_zenoah_17.jpg

Unmodified on top, modified on bottom.

tuning_zenoah_18.jpg

Closeup of modified crank

tuning_zenoah_20.jpg

In the crank case

and by 'equipment', you mean a belt sander?

:cheers:

I've been doing stuff like this for years with some friends, but I didn't come up with it.

What's The Scoop?

Thread just kinda died... looks cool, but does it work or doesn't it?

Looks to me that as the crank comes around it pushes the charge toward the lower transfers, but how many times does the crank come around while the transfers are open, once?

The exhaust port is also open when the crank comes around, maybe it would help push some charge into a pipe that could later be stuffed back in?

What do you think?

hmmm

Back