Full Wrap Bars and Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply. I can sit for hours and watch animals do what they do. All my neighbors want me to "Thin the Herd" because we have so many deer they eat everything. But, I live in a development where shooting would be very dangerous, and illegal. I like to watch squirrels, they do some amazing tricks, and keep you laughing as long as you watch them.
Ag9dfFn.jpg
I must admit that I used to shoot them like they were free....

I now cannot for the life of me even put one in my sights, they are truly “self aware” animals, much like dogs and cats. They are susceptible to the exact same emotions that we have. For those of you laughing, well you haven’t been around them and similar rodentia of equal intelligence.
Just so we are clear I do indeed hunt, however the animals I harvest now do get eaten, including squirrel if I have too. I just don’t like the idea of killing them just for fun anymore, let alone any animal. Off topic but for some reason I felt I should say it

I'm 63, on the East Coast, and never saw a full wrap till a couple years ago, and i grew up in a fourth generation tree care business. Couple years ago i bought a Homelite 550 with a full wrap from a friend, because i didnt have one in my collection, not for the wrap. Last year I bought another Homelite Super 1050 for$40, the wrap was a bonus. I'll have to check my pics, I had a 129CC Homelite 7-29, with a 52 inch bar. If it had a wrap I didn't notice. The saw was so dang big it didn't stick out. You can live without one, especially on a saw you use. If you just want one get it. But, if you ever cut down a tree in your lawn, be prepared to bend blades on your mower. Wraps are not conducive to

I’ve got more than one of both. In general a full wrap isn’t really necessary and it makes a saw larger, but if you’re not trying to stuff it into a truck or onto a shelf somewhere, then it gives you a small advantage when you’re felling trees. On a bigger saw 75-95cc, I’d prefer a full wrap. On a small saw I don’t want one and on a really big saw I don’t really care because it’s going to be used on a mill and it doesn’t really matter much.

One disadvantage of a full wrap that doesn’t get mentioned much however is that they make it tough to tighten up that rear bar nut. A standard skrench doesn’t fit between the full wrap handle and the rear nut.

Back