full wrap handle bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one

the 066 I ordered from L an B came with one.... I had never used a saw with one an did not think that I would like it but I do like it on there it comes in handy on the back cut... the only down side to it is trying to cut stumps off low with it ....

Got one on my 038, it was 3 bux for it at an auction so i bought it. I dont care for it. Dont have them on my other 6 saws and dont plan on getting one either.

The only saw I have that had one is my SXL-925, but the previous owner cut it off!

BTW: I'd like to replace it and maybe get one for the 111. Anyone?

got them on the 051 and dont like them but cant get up and spend more money on an old babe.

JIM L

I will give you your three bucks back for the handle. I would like one. I also want one for a Husky 3120XP and basically any other saw. A few months back there were some for Homelite Super EZ's on ebay. I forgot about the auction and missed them. I have been kicking myself ever since then.

Bill G

We call them out here a ( Western Wrap ) In my opinion when chasing/limbing and logging in general the full wrap is very usefull.

Having the 3 sides of handle and being able to flip the saw 360 degrees gives far more versatility. It is not very common in most parts of the country but when you watch a logger in action with one, it dont take long to learn why we like them.

Being able to walk down a felled log and limb it in both down and up cuts, flipping the saw to suit your desired result is very handy not to mention that although more dangerous, a upcut on a limb uses the torq of the saw to send it through as well as sending chips and debrie away from you.

if by chance i get a used saw that i am going to use in the woods that has a full wrap handle i replace it right away. i open face bore cut ground level and the full wrap handle does not allow me to cut the stumps flush. marty

I run full wrap bars on all my big saws 064,385,044 and I like them alot when I'm out loggin' all day there are many reasons to use them,I say if you don't have to cut the stump to the ground then get a full wrap handlebar they have excellent manuverability..

Later Rob...

Howdy-

The western style or full wrap is better suited for steep slopes, due to the fact that production timber fallers in the west cut a lot of timber "on contour" or "parallel to the lay". This means approaching a lot of trees from either side and the ability to flip the saw is a big help. If you're gunning a giant tree and you can hold the saw with the bar facing up, you'll get a better view when making your face cuts.

Western softwoods are worthless below the buttress, since stump wood in the west tends to be twisted, defective, or of irregular grain.

Also- If you've ever used hydraulic tree jacks then you know much of a pain in the ass it is to cut a jack seat with a half wrap handle.

I have one on the 670 and like it. Like Robert said when dropping it gives more versatility when notching. It does suck on the stump cut but oh well

Back