Full wrap handle for 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egraham

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ran a saw last weekend at my friends farm that had a full wrap handle bar and I really liked it.

I am considering putting one on my new 372 Husqvarna.

My question is will the full wrap get in the way of the screws that hold the bar on?

Thanks

Full wrap aint worth moose crap. You will have difficulty accessing the front bar nut. The short husky scrench works as will a regular wench. The bar blocks chip discharge and makes noodling a challenge; it stinks for flush cutting and takes up a lot more room on the bench or in the side box. Not worth it in my opinion unless you are felling trees one some seriously uneven ground.

my opinion on the full wrap is it is a must but that's just cause it makes my job production falling easier. would i put a full wrap on a firewood/ occasional falling saw? maybe, depending on how much falling i was gonna be doing with it and if i could find one free or cheap. a full wrap is absolutely pointless for cutting cookies, or milling or really anything else besides falling. even falling can be done without one in small wood. the husqvarna scrench clears the handle. the right side of the 372 hangs back and actually blocks the tensioner more then the actual bar nuts. a 576 full wrap with the limiter removed and drilled lower for the upper AV is a much better handle for the 372 IMO. just alot less common.

Don’t let me discourage you if you really want one of these things. You can pick them up on ebay for $50-70 and it is an easy swap out with the ½ wrap. If you don’t like it, you can always change back and sell the handle you don’t like for about what you paid for it. I just think the design was poorly thought out by the husky engineers compared to the ¾ wrap produced by stihl.

my opinion on the full wrap is it is a must but that's just cause it makes my job production falling easier. would i put a full wrap on a firewood/ occasional falling saw? maybe, depending on how much falling i was gonna be doing with it and if i could find one free or cheap. a full wrap is absolutely pointless for cutting cookies, or milling or really anything else besides falling. even falling can be done without one in small wood. the husqvarna scrench clears the handle. the right side of the 372 hangs back and actually blocks the tensioner more then the actual bar nuts. a 576 full wrap with the limiter removed and drilled lower for the upper AV is a much better handle for the 372 IMO. just alot less common.
Got any pictures of that Shane? Why do you feel its a better wrap handle than a 372 wrap?

Got any pictures of that Shane? Why do you feel its a better wrap handle than a 372 wrap?

I'm just in the city. I'll
Try remember once I'm home. I feel it is better because the right wrap bar is more out front like on a 390 wrap. Kinda in between the bar nuts whereas the 372 wrap is back in front of the tensioner more. Either work but just feels like handling is improved with the bar more forward in front of the bar nuts. With the limiter removed off the 576 handle it bolts right up to a 372XT but the cylinder the AV mount needs to be drilled lower for the OE. The handle is a little taller then the OE handle as well. I have one with a 372 handle and one with a 576 handle so can snap pics of the difference.

I'm just in the city. I'll
Try remember once I'm home. I feel it is better because the right wrap bar is more out front like on a 390 wrap. Kinda in between the bar nuts whereas the 372 wrap is back in front of the tensioner more. Either work but just feels like handling is improved with the bar more forward in front of the bar nuts. With the limiter removed off the 576 handle it bolts right up to a 372XT but the cylinder the AV mount needs to be drilled lower for the OE. The handle is a little taller then the OE handle as well. I have one with a 372 handle and one with a 576 handle so can snap pics of the difference.
Makes sense especially if a guy is running a longer bar on a 372. Thanks

Back