Full wrap handlebar for Homie 925

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSburt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got some saws the other day for my crew from another shop (Resources) Got 4 Husky 268's, 1 Homie 925 and 3 Homie 360's. will put the Huskies to use this thinning season and carry the 925 on the truck for falling snags on fires. Will put a 36" bar the the 925 but would like to know if a full wrap bar was made for thse saws. Thanks

Hello, The full wrap handle was an option, so was the ever popular 3/4 wrap handle. Sorry I don't have one right know ,but I am sure some body has one. Good Luck, Jonathan

the 990 handel is a moster compared to the 925. i got both and the 990 stands about 5" taller than the 925. heck the 990 plain out is a monster here is a pic of a 990g. i love that saw.

My SXL-925 came with a full-wrap bar, but it looks like the previous owner cut off the extra wrap with a hacksaw!

hey dennis-
what condition is that 990g in? would you be intrested in getting rid of the old beast or is it too much of an roof ornimant?

Andrew, not sure of the condition of the saw, as it is up on the roof....and its too cold outside right now to go and check...lol...But I will take it down in the next few days and let you know....HomeDelightman is also interested in it...and I may be willing to part with it....

What kind of specs are you looking for? The last (not counting the VIs) and largest chainsaw in the XL-700/800/900 family. Made in the early '70s, 5.01 CID, Tillotson HS carb, shares the powerhead with the XL-98 demo saws version A through C. Most parts are still available.

Nice high compression and a pain in the wrist to start.

Nice high compression and a pain in the wrist to start.

thanks John, I bet they are a pain to start. Hard to drop start huh. That powerhead is pretty heavy I would imagine. What's the estimated hp?

actuall the 990g is almost impossible to drop start cause with a 3' bar it weighs in at close to 45lbs. the 925 is easy to drop start if you give it a good fling cause it has clsoe to 180 lbs of compression. or at least mine does. but get a 3' bar on it and it has enough weight. but one homelite of mine that you do not want to drop start is my xp-1000 cause the last 3 people that i saw try to drop start it had the saw back fire and the cord come around and nail them rigt in the crotch. it never gives me a problem maybe it was because husky guys were trying to start it. :) i think the 925 is about 6 hp if i am remmberign right.

Back