Full wrap handlebar for McCulloch Pro Mac's (10-10 or 700)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more news on these? I know we all have plenty to do in life but I was curious if any more ever came about. Just randomly thought about his thread again so figured I’d pop back in and check up.

Little clarification would be helpful, I know you said that the handlebar wouldn't work on the later style clutch covers with the chainbrake like in post #15. Is the fitment a little tight, or will it simply not fit? If it won't fit, could the handlebar theoretically be bent some more to have it clear. Asking to see, as I really don't want to touch the chain cover if possible.

I had a batch made up that were wider to clear the starter in the LH start saws. They work with the older clutch covers but later versions must be modified to clear. I will post some photos whenever I can get a connection that works, AS doesn't like me connecting from Korea...

Mark

Any update @heimannm ? Are you thinking of running a batch again soon?

Let's see if I can load photos from Brasil using my colleagues mobile phone as a hot spot...
20170817_180352.jpg

20170817_180411.jpg

This photo shows pretty clearly how the later style clutch covers need to be modified to accommodate the full wrap bar.

20170817_180531.jpg

This is the older style clutch cover that could be found on the 7-10 model, all of the RH start covers were a similar profile.

20170707_200259.jpg

Mark

First post on the site, and really interested to know if this is still a thing that could happen again. Would love two for my pm1010 and pm700

Zak - check your "inbox".

I do have several still available.

Mark
Mark...Hey, I just joined the site..been scouring the earth looking for a full wrap for my mcculloch pro 10-10 automatic (left hand start) and came across this thread...do you still have any on hand?

Thanks,
Mike

No, the 800 is different due to the way it mounts on the anti-vibe saw. The rigid saws mount directly to the bottom of the saw and the overall height of the handle is much shorter.

Mark

Ok. When I get a chance I'll look in the sheds, have a bunch of old Macs from the 60s-90s. The 800 just happened to be sitting here in the shop on display near my desk.

Back