full wrap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
okay ,an elementary question . what does full wrap mean.
also what is benefits versus whatever is different. thanks

I think full wrap probably means Tthe handle wraps all the way around the body of the saw. Probably be stronger.

thats what it sounds like . guess i better look atmy various advertising stuff ,and see if i can see one. thanks mike . later now.

it also allows you to grand the saw on either side so you can cut at a better angle when it calls for it. i don't really like it cause it makes it a pain in the a$$ to take the side cover off.

the full wrap handle bar is exactly that...wraps right around the saw..both sides of the handle bar meeting at the bottom of the fuel tank.....

Fellers generally use the fullwrap as they need better angles on some cuts like homelite360 said....I grew up using full wrap..so i wouldnt go back to half...but the half wrap allows you to get into places closer than the full..such as cutting a stump low to the ground...or getting in tight to cut a snipe off a log when bucking...

to each their own...

lmao...it isnt just my computer...but I have to defend that pretty RED Jonsered...I think that is computer problem..(reason it is pink) so please dont pick on him...lol...but yeah..doesnt look like the bar has been put to work..whats with that?? Huh? Huskyman?? AKA Poulattopink? hehehe..cause swedish girls can dye their hair pink too....(but they are still cute),..

Hey Huskyman,

I see that you have a Super EZ on your bench, but it is concealed by the paper towels. I guess you didn't want the Super EZ cutting in on the beautiful Johnny Red.
Jonathan

mans gotta put on his best for a picture.:)
by the way thanks .now i know what a full wrap is.
just never thought about it.later now

Last edited:
For some reason Kodak digital cameras like to make red and orange come out pink. Lucky for me all my saws are red or orange hence they all come out pink lol. Dennis and Mike thanks for sticking up for the Jonsey. That bar has cut 46 cords, two couches and three slabs of beef. Gotta love Windsor!

Well, I'm sold,Huskyman. I'm looking for a new bar anyway. I'll think I'll pick up a windsor. Is that a speed tip?
Tony Marks, are you running .325 or 3/8 on your 028? Do they make a rim sprocket in 3/8 for the 028? I'm thinking of useing a 16inch bar in 3/8 , what do you think?

Latest posts

Back