Fully Synthetic 2 Cycle Oil Vs Standard?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again nothing wrong with Sae. usage with Bombardier " Rotax " Air cooled engines , however the Oil service intervals had to be maintained back then . Carbon fouling of heads & rings was routine . Been there done that a hundred times back in the day , over my 65 yrs , where have you been dude ? Anyhow Michigander , " Here ends the Lesson " Have a Merry Xmas and even better New Yr ! Until we meet again at Deer Camp in Hessel or Houghton Lake .
Yea, nothing wrong except they perform like ****.. what alternate world are you living in?

Wrong , Try again Sport !
Sorry my friend, Ben and I haven't always seen eye to eye one everything, but everything he's said in response to your posts is correct. You're out of your knowledge depth, some of the things you've said do not even have relevance when discussing air cooled two cycle engines, the rest is just completely incorrect information.

Yea, nothing wrong except they perform like ****.. what alternate world are you living in?
Performed well for 70 yrs prior to you landing here Jethro , just not as well as Castor or Syn oils when subjected to the crap ethanol fuel we must consume today , which is where we started this conversation Junior ...sheesh , they say you can take a horse to water , however sometimes you must drown it to get it to Drink !

I have been using Amsoil Saber at 40/1 for the past 15 years
There is alot wrong with Ultra in a saw as many people have found out. Ultra is Jaso FB rated. Which is a 30+year old standard. It will not pass FC or FD.
So what ? FB was the Standard for saw applications for yrs Junior , Try to stay on point please .

Sabre carries Jasco FD , ISO & EGD certification !
Incorrect it does not have JASO certification. All oils that have that certification will have this emblem with the certification number. Without the emblem the manufacturer is simply making a claim that it meets their standards, which it may or may not, but it has not been officially certified. This has been hashed out before.

Here are two pictures of oils that have actual certification. Motul 710 and RedArmor.

be405697db5e0be71ba4293e807fd744.jpg

87883d2a3df56471c6778a87cb49ed73.jpg

Sorry my friend, Ben and I haven't always seen eye to eye one everything, but everything he's said in response to your posts is correct. You're out of your knowledge depth, some of the things you've said do not even have relevance when discussing air cooled two cycle engines, the rest is just completely incorrect information.
Sorry if I have disappointed you but what I have advised are correct and apply to various oil service group representing Recreational , Automotive and Diesel engine applications . I also outlined were Dino or Mineral based oil evolved through Castor to todays most advanced Synthetic based ester oils for usage within Vintage Chainsaws to todays micro computerized / cat muffed units Eg : Oil use in a 2 stroke diesel application has relevance to a chainsaw if you understand the lubricity & solvency equation !

Sorry if I have disappointed you but what I have advised are correct and apply to various oil service group representing Recreational , Automotive and Diesel engine applications . I also outlined were Dino or Mineral based oil evolved through Castor to todays most advanced Synthetic based ester oils for usage within Vintage Chainsaws to todays micro computerized / cat muffed units Eg : Oil use in a 2 stroke diesel application has relevance to a chainsaw if you understand the lubricity & solvency equation !
Not one thing you just said is true or factually correct..

Incorrect it does not have JASO certification. All oils that have that certification will have this emblem with the certification number. Without the emblem the manufacturer is simply making a claim that it meets their standards, which it may or may not, but it has not been officially certified. This has been hashed out before.

Here are two pictures of oils that have actual certification. Motul 710 and RedArmor.

be405697db5e0be71ba4293e807fd744.jpg

87883d2a3df56471c6778a87cb49ed73.jpg
Would Specified be a better acrynom . I see on U.S. Bottles it does not mention Certification on Sabre ?
Tapatalk is turning a picture sideways for some reason, oh well.
No Biggy Andre , I can work outside the box lol. Perhaps in the USA Amsoil oil is not Certified . In Canada it most certainly is .

Performed well for 70 yrs prior to you landing here Jethro , just not as well as Castor or Syn oils when subjected to the crap ethanol fuel we must consume today , which is where we started this conversation Junior ...sheesh , they say you can take a horse to water , however sometimes you must drown it to get it to Drink ! Adios Jethro !!!
Actually for years two cycle oils performed very poorly..
Your assertions on castor and synthetics are also incorrect..

I mean no offense. However you're way out in left field. In fact I believe you know so little about the subject, you think you actually do. I am not disappointed, I just think you need to slow down and stop spending inaccurate information based off of what is obviously not the best understanding of the subject.

Just for starters the use of heavy minerals in 2-cycle engine is limited, as the oil is burned in large quantities compared to engines with an oiling sump. These additives would cause large amounts of Ash build up.

Would Specified be a better acrynom . I see on U.S. Bottles it does not mention Certification on Sabre ?

No Biggy Andre , I can work outside the box lol. Perhaps in the USA Amsoil oil is not Certified . In Canada it most certainly is .
That makes no sense, as the certification is universal in all countries, JASO is actually a Japanese certification. The mention of a certification does not mean it is actually certified, it has to have the emblem along with the certification number, otherwise it is nothing more than marketing.[emoji111]

Amsoil Saber is in fact an excellent product nonetheless.

I actually ran out of my 2T oil at work once I had to get the job done no matter what and in a timely maner.
Anyways I made up a mix with used diesel oil the mix was black as! Lol
Long story short ran a few tanks of this mix and I got the job done no complaints or ill effects to the saw the mix performed well and yes it did smell but no worse than nasty Ultra. long term IDK how it would go maybe it would still outperform Ultra? Lol.
Oh I better add it was a rated used diesel oil for 2T's as I did write on the mix jug THE GOOD STUFF!

Back