Future firewood, Virus?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What’s the future of your heating with firewood?

I have oil heat backup but don’t like all my eggs in one basket.

I’m at the crossroads again. Enough for the coming season but what if next season is really bad? the future I’m thinking about. Should I go buy split/ seasoned wood by the cord or get bunk truck loads. Options?

I’m use to being way ahead wood wise.

Propane backup. Use about 31/2 cords a year. We have 4 cords c,s,s & seasoned for next year. Currently working on 4rh cord for 2022/2023. Will keep cutting & splitting until I run out of room (about 10 - 12 cords).

I usually cut wood as I need it. Which is a couple hours on a weekend to cut a cord and fill the wood trailer. Then I park the trailer in front of the boiler I do have a stack of buts from when they logged next door that’s around 10-12 cord I keep around Incase I can’t get into the woods

I figure doing the stairs walking a good bit are what keeps me going and shameing a few 40 year olds.

Do wish I could melt off about 50 pounds of fat though.

:D Al

We have a newer, efficient electric heat pump. Works very well, but we love wood heat and have access to plenty of wood to cut and have had a constant supply just in our modest little property. We have about 5 cords stacked seasoned about a year already, with another 2.5 cords stacked almost as long, and n then I've got another 2-3 cords in logs to split and stack. We burn about 2-3 cords on a cold winter. I'd say we're good for at least another 3 years.

I only hope that the toilet paper supply doesn't run out... ;)

For me the belly is hard to get rid of. I lost 28 pounds last year but only one pants size. I looked like a June bug on a stick weed. I guess it was all that beer I drank when I was young. It doesn’t help that I’m married to a great cook. If I didn’t cut and burn wood, I’d be as big as a house.

For me the belly is hard to get rid of. I lost 28 pounds last year but only one pants size. I looked like a June bug on a stick weed. I guess it was all that beer I drank when I was young. It doesn’t help that I’m married to a great cook. If I didn’t cut and burn wood, I’d be as big as a house.

Dude, are you lost? Ha ha ha...

115 pounds when I left for SE Asia in 1966. 105 when I came home for there. Up to 120 by the time I turned 21, 145 when I got married in 1985.
last summer I was 242 pounds.

Maybe it is all my seting around on week ends?

:D AL

10 cords of hardwood c,s,stacked...natural gas as a back up with 2 semi loads of wood for the clients that so far have not sold... c,s, s to dry and ready for the future!

50 cords Black Locuts, 3 oak, 20 cord willow (most for sale). I'm good on wood for a long time. No backup power.

Back