FYI - Northern Chainsaw Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does not say it comes with any cutting disc

Then they hit you up for 28 bucks.. That seems high..But I am considering ordering one.. and getting disk elsewhere. what are your feelings?

The one in the manual pic is the smaller motor Italian job I had one and was not impressed with it and I don't think it does back angle so only really good for semi chisel

On further reading

It does have back angle so it is a different model than the one I had

thinking about one meself

you go first..

let me know.. order it tonight.. pay for the next day air.. so I will know sooner if it is a POS or not.. LOL

Yea , the real pisser is that I ordered this unit last week at the $229 price and now they knock off $100. I think I will send them a nasty email, i have bought a lot of s#@t off these people ,you would think they would cut me a break.

drogueman said:
Yea , the real pisser is that I ordered this unit last week at the $229 price and now they knock off $100. I think I will send them a nasty email, i have bought a lot of s#@t off these people ,you would think they would cut me a break.

So how is it?

Does the motor stall easily? I am pretty sure that is the smaller motor

Well i just sent Northern an email begging for the sale price but I am sure they will come up some lame excuse not to give me a $100 credit. I have bought a lot of tools from them so lets just see how they will handle this.

Ok guys here is the skinny on the Northern Tools deal, remember I told you guys I ordered the sharpener last tuesday for the full price of $229. Well yesterday I sent an email to Northern explaining the tool and paying the full price and begged them to give me the sale price, well I got impatiant after getting another sale on my email this morning saying they are giving out gift cards for any purchace over $100 so I called them this morning. After giving them some custermer numbers and catolog numbers they came back on the phone and gave me back $129 credit on my card, wahooo !!! Have a good day !:D

Good for you.....and them

Now both parties are happy. I had hoped Northern would make good as I have had good service from them in the past.

drogueman said:
Sorry guys , still waiting for it and it is a Xmas gift from wifey so even if I did get it she wouldn't let me use it, pure torture I tell yea.
Would she let you open it up and take a picture of it for us?

Even the smaller motor isn't bad per se

The less powerful motor actually lessens the chance of burning up the cutters grinding too much too fast. The problem with the one I had the most was no back angle for full chisel. This one has the tilt bed so it looks like it may be a goodun if you don't need to hog out rolled and peened cutters and have a little more time

Rocked out chains is the main reason I want one. And to occasionally even up the cutters. Other than that I'll stick to hand filing. The picture in the owners manual looks pretty chintsy. That's what backed me off.

Back