Gas, oil mix, and homelit ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-MAN

Reaction score
Gas, oil mix, and homelite ?

My Husky Manual show that i should be using 50:1 mix.
If i went to a 32:1 mix would this prolong the life of piston with the extra oil or am i looking for trouble.

I also have a question about the settings on a homelite saw how many turns for the idel speed and mix screws. i don't know the model. because i picked the saw up along the side of the road someone throwing it in the garbage. i took it home cleaned out the fuel tank, air filter and put a new plug in. Filled it up with new mix. and it took right off but want to die out i tinkered with the settings and got it idle but still not running good. I am sure this is the problem once i get it set it will be a good little saw. It has a 14" bar

Last edited:
No, make sure you use the Husqvarna oil in the black bottle (this oil has stabilizer already in it) and mix at 50:1. If you have to go with another oil for some reason then go at 40:1 but no more than that. Anything else will just plug your muffler and the top of the piston with deposits. As far as the mixture screws the HomeDelight Man would know better but I believe a baseline to get you started is to go all the way in on the mixture screws (not the idle) and come out one turn. Be careful not to overtighten when you come in as well. From there you can make your final setting.:alien:

Back