GB & Carlton Round Files...Quality?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnybar

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Any experiences with GB or Carlton round files? I don't see much talk about them on the forums. I see that GB are made by the Swiss but that's all I know about either brand. Thanks in advance.

Old guy I used to work with who'd been doing tree service his whole life (60+) swore by Oregon ("Only Oregon, everything else is junk that only lasts a few days") files. Seeing as I'm still using some of his throw-away files to sharpen chains (and I have a bad habit of dragging the file on the return stroke), I'd have to agree.

Old guy I used to work with who'd been doing tree service his whole life (60+) swore by Oregon ("Only Oregon, everything else is junk that only lasts a few days") files. Seeing as I'm still using some of his throw-away files to sharpen chains (and I have a bad habit of dragging the file on the return stroke), I'd have to agree.
I believe Oregon is made by Vallorbe/Swiss

I believe Oregon is made by Vallorbe/Swiss
Chain saw branded files are usually put out to tender so not necessarily made by the same company at all times the last Oregon 4mm ones I saw were Sandvik products the general opniion seems to be Save Edge, Vallorbe,Pferd, are best. The best Iv'e used was Bahco But my local supply has dried up

Back