• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Gear driven Chainsaw?

adamrjones77

adamrjones77

ArboristSite Member
I saw this for sale locally for $100. I've got a bit Jewish blood and I'm certain I could get it cheaper. But, I've never seen anything like this. The current owner says there's compression but who knows.

Can anyone shed some knowledge on what this is. I.e. Make model etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 Poulan

46 Poulan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sold as a Sears chainsaw-Gear reduction--Engine by power products-lawson and later became tecumsie. Carb kit available. Saw is heavy-castiron sleeve,loud stack muffler ,77cc's , 1/2 inch chain. It will really pile up the big chips when cutting-It has to have missing cover to support-contain big gear-

NIP Group
46 Poulan

46 Poulan

Addicted to ArboristSite
0827161658-03.jpg Put it in the wood and hang on--I really like mine-best chip maker --David--Buzz is right on the price!!

adamrjones77

adamrjones77

ArboristSite Member
Warning this could lead to CAD and a few more vintage saws:innocent:-Yeah I got a few.....
My CAD doesn't lend much room for "vintage" simply because of the weight. I'm a scrawny little man and anything over about 15lbs is too much. Im not one to collect things I don't use.

I restored a Zip about a year ago and I used it twice just to say I did. Sold it and shipped it to a man in Alabama about 2 months ago. Sold my Stihl 038 Mag II for to same reason. Just too darn heavy!

If anyone would be interested in this saw, I could do the legwork and ship it to you....just because I love chainsaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk