Gear driven Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamrjones77

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I saw this for sale locally for $100. I've got a bit Jewish blood and I'm certain I could get it cheaper. But, I've never seen anything like this. The current owner says there's compression but who knows.

Can anyone shed some knowledge on what this is. I.e. Make model etc?
ba99b137b7a2dea1dbbb7bccfe610e87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold as a Sears chainsaw-Gear reduction--Engine by power products-lawson and later became tecumsie. Carb kit available. Saw is heavy-castiron sleeve,loud stack muffler ,77cc's , 1/2 inch chain. It will really pile up the big chips when cutting-It has to have missing cover to support-contain big gear-

Warning this could lead to CAD and a few more vintage saws:innocent:-Yeah I got a few.....

My CAD doesn't lend much room for "vintage" simply because of the weight. I'm a scrawny little man and anything over about 15lbs is too much. Im not one to collect things I don't use.

I restored a Zip about a year ago and I used it twice just to say I did. Sold it and shipped it to a man in Alabama about 2 months ago. Sold my Stihl 038 Mag II for to same reason. Just too darn heavy!

If anyone would be interested in this saw, I could do the legwork and ship it to you....just because I love chainsaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back