• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

General doctors won't do prostate exams anymore?

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
I’m sure its not much fun but i’d bet its better than prostate cancer
Yes, I have a friend that had prostate cancer and that's how they found in it's early stages. He went through about 6 months of treatment and it's gone. If not for the exam he would be dead.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hinerman

Hinerman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Okay, I was having a little issue with the old piss pipe that thankfully has pretty much resolved itself, so I went to a general doctor whom I had seen before in the past, nice guy, handles most basic things, he took a urine sample which was fine but wouldn't do the old finger exam to check the prostate even though I asked about it, said "it doesn't sound like prostate" which I agree it didn't but I was there and thought it would be nice to know how the little gland is doing but he said no. I also remember 4 years ago another doctor in the same practice I asked when getting a physical and he said "we don't do it unless your P.S.A. levels are high" so I guess they go by some newer "guidelines" now. Well I got bloodwork done for a physical about 3 weeks ago and the P.S.A. level was 0.8 which is wonderful thank God but the physical part of the physical was postponed because they cancelled on me because of snow and I don't go in for that until 3/20. But I continued to have some issues and made an appointment with a urologist last week and he did do the exam and said "it's a little enlarged but everyone at you age is " as I'm 58 but he felt no abnormalities and also did a urine test which was fine also, and the issue seems to have quieted down, just one of those issues we get as we age I guess. But I find it interesting that a regular or "family" doctor won't do it unless your levels are high, especially when I suggested it.

Is it like this for you fellas wherever you are too?
LMAO. I will trade you doctors. Mine is finger happy. I'm afraid to run into him on the street for fear of a prostate exam on the spot. No, he's not gay, but very thorough.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
My doctor is like a middleman. He sends me to a urologist for a prostate exam and a blood test for prostate cancer. I had early stages of prostate cancer. Prostate cancer starts at a PSA of 4.1 I had 4.3 aren’t I lucky. By the time they started with seeds and radiation my PSA was up to 8.2. Now my PSA is 0.1. But the radiation burnt my bladder and my kidneys are failing. Im seeing a urologist kidney surgeon and working on checking it to be sure. They shot my wrinkled up bladder with Botox. I look 20 years younger now lol. My left kidney is full of stones my right kidney is at 90%. He installed two stents this week. Something for you guys to look forward too as you get older. Now I know what meat feels like in a micro wave.
I’m upbeat nothing can get me down. Time, I just want some more time with the family and grandson. Life isn’t too bad. Bill

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
My doctor is like a middleman. He sends me to a urologist for a prostate exam and a blood test for prostate cancer. I had early stages of prostate cancer. Prostate cancer starts at a PSA of 4.1 I had 4.3 aren’t I lucky. By the time they started with seeds and radiation my PSA was up to 8.2. Now my PSA is 0.1. But the radiation burnt my bladder and my kidneys are failing. Im seeing a urologist kidney surgeon and working on checking it to be sure. They shot my wrinkled up bladder with Botox. I look 20 years younger now lol. My left kidney is full of stones my right kidney is at 90%. He installed two stents this week. Something for you guys to look forward too as you get older. Now I know what meat feels like in a micro wave.
I’m upbeat nothing can get me down. Time, I just want some more time with the family and grandson. Life isn’t too bad. Bill
Wishing you the best, I hope things stay steady for you and even improve and you get that more time that you desire.

God Bless........