Geocaching problem....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v34

Reaction score
Hi there folks,

im a geocacher , and i like to climb tall trees :)

now i have found a cache that is a little bit tricky. maybe you professionals can come up with a fun/safe solution...

the cachecontainer is setup on a wire between two large trees, i think its about 10meters between the trees.

the container cant be moved , and ofcourse, you cant cut the wire! :greenchainsaw:

i have a couple of ideas to reach the container , but what would you do ?

/V34

Takes some skills and the right gear to get it done. The basic concept is set up a rope traverse between the two trees. Could be SRT or DRT, depends what your skill set is and what gear you have.
-moss

Hey V34, what is the GC# of the cache in question?
Maybe there are some photos of the placement that could help us to answer your question.

Hook

Hey V34, what is the GC# of the cache in question?
Maybe there are some photos of the placement that could help us to answer your question.

Hook

me and some friends solved this one , took a couple of hours, but it was worth every minute !

we made a traverse between the two pines and used some petzl acension pro:s for hauling , a fixe and some carabiners and slings for backup.

the phrase "just let go" has a new meaning for me now :)

35776_397123151628_631906628_4289120_2447667_n.jpg

Back