Get Ready to Buy a New EPA Approved Wood Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I think there is a better forum for this.
  2. I don't see in the article what kind of tactics the EPA is supposed to use to force you to retire your old "smoke dragon"
  3. The new airtight EPA-approved stoves are more efficient than the old designs, and are (IMO) an improvement. So no complaints here.

1. This should go to firewood and heating
2. This seems practically like an opinion piece or a piece to incite rather than a news story. I don't doubt what they're saying but how are they enforcing the rule? it doesnt even seem like there has been new legislation? This is very vague and has no anecdotal evidence either...

I think this is just stage one. Probably within 10 years all wood burning stoves will be banned.
No problem if they do...
Many a home has been heated with "improvised" 55 gallon barrel(s) made into wood stoves..!!

I think I first saw it published in the old Mother Earth News...with diagrams and directions..!!

It ain't rocket science..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I think this is just stage one. Probably within 10 years all wood burning stoves will be banned.

Same as all 2-smoke engines, cigarettes, beer and liquor, MSG, gasoline driven engines, coal burning power plants, televisions, mother-in-laws, trans-fats, concealed carry permits, hedge funds, Roth IRAs, paper and coin money, tax-free soda pop.

One solution to this no-wood-burning problem

Move south!

or

Go now and hurry up and buy some old style stoves before they are outlawed FOR-EV-VER!

Chris

No problem if they do...
Many a home has been heated with "improvised" 55 gallon barrel(s) made into wood stoves..!!

I think I first saw it published in the old Mother Earth News...with diagrams and directions..!!

It ain't rocket science..!!
:cheers:
J2F
My cousin, who is a physicist, has been using one since the 70's. Doesn't know what a thermostat is!:biggrin:

Back