get together this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gypo Logger said:
Russ, SNIP! Fook the freakin sawbuilders if they want to keep you in one spot.

Snip! All the saw builders have helped me immensely that's why I'm doing my own stuff now.
Snip! but the bottom line is Walkers, Greffard, Dunn, Heard are all stepping stones to where we are now regardless of wether they are friends or merely acquantances.
Snip! This isn't directed at anyone inparticular, but if the shoe fits then wear it!
John

Can you paraphrase that by saying, Dont keep your eggs all in the same basket!

or

If you have a friend, then keep him so,
But never let that friend your secrets know;
For should that friend become a foe,
Then to all the world will your secrets go!

Ahhhh Bullsh!t! You round file Culls run dogsh!t chain. If you're cutting scale, times money and you want the best chain on there as possible. I'm not gonna stand there and file a rocked out chisel chain, I change it, and Wha La, fast cutting chain again. You Culls file that piece of sh!t round chain all you want. Hahaha! When I go home, then I'll worry about chain for the next day. But I guarantee you...your round chain ain't gonna out cut my ground or filed chisel chain. How in the hell did I make so long without a round file? Hahaha! You Culls are stuck in the Stone Age.

HAHAHA
Later!

**** you cull! Ok, you round file and I'll square file and I'll still beat you!!!!
Because you're a roundfiling Cull!!!!
Hahaha
John

Hi John,

Is this what Dennis was telling you to say while he was just PMing you? I was watching.:Eye: :Eye:

I agree with the fundamental principle of what you guys are saying but frankly I don`t feel that Ed is holding me back anymore than Dan Henry Or Dennis Greffard held me back, even less so actually.

Ed has told me countless things that I can do to make my own chain or build my own saws. He has encouraged me to try and has even shown me what the insides of a good saw looks like just like he did with You and Hunter and I in November of 04'. Ed has always been at the ready to teach me as far as I`m concerned but I have no delusions about being a a saw builder.

Ed is my friend simply because I like talking to him. I will continue to defend him in the same way that I have defended both you and Dennis(Marky and Tommy too). It`s not about what I can get from any of you and I think that we ought to move along from this topic.

Russ

If I may?
What would be wrong with a claims race, so to speek? The sort that they have for horses or carts?

It would be fun, as it would pull intrest from more then the racers, if the rules were set up that "anyone could buy the winning saw for the set price of the claim!

It would instantely level the playing field, and give a newbe a chance to inter the field, and I'm sure that every builder knows what they would sell there saw for.

Kevin

ShoerFast said:
If I may?
What would be wrong with a claims race, so to speek? The sort that they have for horses or carts?

It would be fun, as it would pull intrest from more then the racers, if the rules were set up that "anyone could buy the winning saw for the set price of the claim!

It would instantely level the playing field, and give a newbe a chance to inter the field, and I'm sure that every builder knows what they would sell there saw for.

Kevin

Interesting concept Kevin but you`ll have to tell me more about how it works since I`m not in to horses or carts. I know that with the supermodifieds that run here at Oswego, usually someone takes a good ******* if their engine is "claimed". The way it works here is that the cost of the engine is not supposed to exceed a certain amount in order to level the playingfield with the obvious risk being that if you put more money into your car and run too fast, someone else is going to take it home at a bargain price. There has been some very bad blood because of this.

I don`t see where this would be very easy to do with a saw since aftermarket parts and wild porting(expensive machine or hand work) are much more limited in woods saws.

Russ

jokers said:
Hi John,

Is this what Dennis was telling you to say while he was just PMing you? I was watching.:Eye: :Eye:

Russ
Russ, I was trying to PM Dennis, but the server was too busy because you and Ed had it tied up! :blob2: :laugh:

Gypo Logger said:
Russ, I was trying to PM Dennis, but the server was too busy because you and Ed had it tied up! :blob2: :laugh:

I can`t PM anyone since my Inbox is perpetually full.:dizzy:

oh....you meant the way that Ed and I attack the server with Yahoo Slurp Spiders and Google Bots.

Sorry!

Russ guess its time to cut the BS. You and I have a race in the spring in Michigan. EHP and I have one in West Virginia, unless someone chickens out, I'm gonna set my sights for the two races. You guys can race all the chains you want to, I dont care if you smash Simons saw he is a joke anyway, I could give a sh!t less. Good luck merry Christmas.

WEBSTER BOUND

Gypo Logger said:
You mean all this time I thought you had me on ignore?:dizzy:
John

C`mon John, you know that I can`t ignore anyone.:laugh: Besides you`ve got my phone numbers and if you`d give me one for you that wasn`t just an answering service I`d give you a ring.

Later

Russ

Yes, it could cause some bad blood, thats sort of why it started. Just as it worked in the colonial states with horses, the Brits would bring outlandishedly well breed horses to race the Americians, just so they could beet them, trying to prove a superier prouduct!
The Americians fought this with just making a claim on the price of the horse in the race.

For saws, espicialy work saws, the idea is too perfict, as I wouldent think that John would take offence to using his name. Say Gypo could buy 046's off of ebay throw a few parts in them, do a few mods to them and sell them as work saws, for just as a number, 50 beaver, and said there faster then stock! But I came along and wanted some of that coin, as it's always nice to stack a few dimes, ayh!
We both showed up at a GTG and the race was on, we have our price at 50 beaver pelts, and say he won, yes, I could buy that saw! But if there was a new , new guy, and he just wanted to say that his saws were the fastest, had a cylinder made, had so much time and money invested that there was no way that Gypo's or my saw could compete, our hats off to him,,,,, but he sells the saw, 50 beaver pelts!

L-Enterprises said:
Oswego........Bentley Warren. My buddy.

Bentley is one hell of a driver. How many years was he track/International Classic champion? Quite a few!

Have you ever been to Oswego? The track is under new ownership and they are adding attractions including cart racing and trying to make it nicer in general.

Russ

Back