Get your wood ready, they're calling this one "Frankenstorm".

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey smokee,
we must think alike, i just posted a thread in the chainsaw forum about the same thing, about the same time !!
must be a pennsylvania thing ??

hey smokee,
we must think alike, i just posted a thread in the chainsaw forum about the same thing, about the same time !!
must be a pennsylvania thing ??

Last year I spent the day before Halloween clearing snow off my still popped up camper. That heavy wet stuff, mind ya. And the year before that we got the double blast of 20" on Saturday and 24" the next Tuesday. I grew up in the pittsburgh area where we got snow more regularly. I moved to this side of the Appalachians and its a different ball game. These "hook" storms that drag moisture off the Atlantic.

I saw that on the news this morning. They said if it settles with that cold front, western PA could be in for quite the snow fall around the first of the week next week.

Seems really weird considering the temps right now but that's the weather for ya.

I'm ready....But hope its just rain. I hate plowing when the ground isn't froze up. Makes a huge mess....

And of course all we get here is rain. I would love a weekend to be able to stay inside with the fire going and watch movies if the electric is still on.

Looked out my kitchen window after lunch today...WTF, there's a pickup down by my garden.

Walk outside, it's a power company tree crew :D

(My transformer is on a pole along my garden instead of on the street like most places).

If I hadn't just dropped $350 on the dog yesterday and $700 on a new water tank and other improvements on the basement last month I would've had them trim up the 220v line downstream of the transformer while they were here. Guess where a big limb will fall in this storm :laugh:

I heard, that up here in Maine, We might be getting a "sno-a-cane". LOL! :hmm3grin2orange:

I will be absolutely stunned if it snows before Halloween 2 years in a row.

I just spent the last 2 weeks off from work getting ready for winter so I don't care. Bring it. :D

I heard, that up here in Maine, We might be getting a "sno-a-cane". LOL! :hmm3grin2orange:

And guess who showed up in our driveway yesterday? Our outlaws from Maine that we were visiting a short time ago. I guess their timing was perfect. ;o)

And guess who showed up in our driveway yesterday? Our outlaws from Maine that we were visiting a short time ago. I guess their timing was perfect. ;o)

I have a father in law in Florida and that is not far enough!:censored:

This storm has the meteorologists drooling like a boy looking at his first Playboy.

I may get some gas for the generator just in case. Looks to me that most of it would go inland south of us, so I'm not exactly worried. If we got the six inches of rain like they are predicting...... it would get interesting.

Who has 2 thumbs and ain't f-ing around like he did last year? This guy! A week with no power/water last halloween resulted in the purchase of the military surplus generator. 12 hours of shoveling and moving branches to get the chipper out...that sucker is gonna dang near be parked in the road before the storm hits...maybe I can make some money on it instead of saying "I'll call you when I can get the machine out".

Who remembers the storm on Halloween night 1991 the movie the Perfect Storm. Similar setup with this storm but its looking to be a good one if it does what they say. Saws with be sharp gas cans will be full trunk toped off.

Hope its a good one. Haven't had a good storm in awile. Saws are sharp, fueled, and truck is empty, ready to get that nice oak that falls. last year was good, maybe this year better.
And I love sitting in a warm house, seeing all the lazy people bundled in snow suits looking out the window for a sign of the power crew.

Im not holding my breath for any snow.... From what Ive been seeing its going to consist of rain and 40mph (tops) winds. Maybe it will do me a favor and blow all my leaves further down the street :msp_biggrin:

Back