getting a saw from Germany to US

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundup

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have an Aunt who will be visiting Germany, she is originally from there, and will be visting family. I want a 241 cm, would she be able to ship it to me when she is there?

What would it cost? Saw and shipping, thanks for the help.

I have an Aunt who will be visiting Germany, she is originally from there, and will be visting family. I want a 241 cm, would she be able to ship it to me when she is there?

What would it cost? Saw and shipping, thanks for the help.

She will be able to ship it. You will have to pay the VAT which last time I checked was around 17% of the cost of the saw. You will be in the 50-75 range for shipping if she takes the bar off. You will also have to pay US customs fees when you pick it up here.

She will be able to ship it. You will have to pay the VAT which last time I checked was around 17% of the cost of the saw. You will be in the 50-75 range for shipping if she takes the bar off. You will also have to pay US customs fees when you pick it up here.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is VAT?

I am now thinking I could just get her to check it with her luggage, if it hasn't seen fuel it should be okay. That would save me quite a bit of money.

Thanks for the help

Sorry for my ignorance but what is VAT?

I am now thinking I could just get her to check it with her luggage, if it hasn't seen fuel it should be okay. That would save me quite a bit of money.

Thanks for the help

Value Added Tax (It's European).

The customs/tax issues may vary also, depending on is the saw new, used, clean or dirty, in original package or in beer case :msp_biggrin:

241 CM is around EUR 700 here what includes 19% tax ,total in US funds w/o tax = $725
shipping from germany DHL airmail will be EUR 45 /$60 package up to 20lbs
if she sends as a gift you might be lucky with US customs ;)

Back