getting a saw tuned and 4 stroking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawchap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well folks trying to get aimed in how to tune a carb proberly I am always leaning toward the lean side or not 4 stroking the saw right blip[pp bliipp blip 4 stroking.

I have done many times trying to tune a carb properly from what I understand so far carb diaphrams can be a culprit to a bad tune due to old gas or crappy gas destroying the diaphragm.

well time to run a couple saws love the smell and sound I feel like I twist needles without success I figure if the saw is blowing smoke I shouldn't damage it due to running rich.

Another thing needles high and low speed needles some are 1.25 turn some are 2 turn some are 2.5 turn is this due to the threads on the needles its self and difrent manufactures?

chainsaw chap here time to make some noise :happybanana::chainsaw::chainsaw::chop::chainsaw:

There are many threads here and elsewhere how to properly tune a saw motor. If your saw ain't four stroking it is wrong. Auto tune and some other issues are different on newer saws. Principals still are the same for all two strokes. A free wheeling saw that seems and sounds correct is not tuned correct. A saw should be on the rich side so that when a saw motor is pulling a load it will be close to correct as it will lean out quite a bit. Thanks

I got a poulan slash craftsman wood shark tuned in today 4 stroking thanks to some friends on arborist site. I can't rember who said 3 turns on the carb he was correct factory settings which I assumed was right was way of by like 2 turns thanks everyone for the input feels good to get another saw going.

Back