Getting a start in tree work/arboristry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adleedy

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been employed in the mining industry for the past 8 years and have considered getting started in tree care/arboristry for some time. Unfortunately with a family and working 6 days a week I never had much time to pursue a secondary career but I’m now lucky enough to have a 4 on 4 off schedule and ample free time. My question is would it be worthwhile to contact local arborists and try to obtain an internship or apprenticeship? because of my rotating days off it would be hard to actually get a job with a reputable company but I would be willing to volunteer my time in exchange for free training for a period of time. Just wondering what “the industry’s” thoughts would be on this proposal. Thanks

Also forgot to mention that I am interested in making the switch due to a love for nature, years of experience using SRT for vertical caving and making the move to an industry that’s not as feast or famine or being phased out like the coal industry

Latest posts

Back