Getting addicted to milling vids

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a couple milling vids on my channel but they aren't very good. Maybe someday I'll make some more/better, now that I'm starting to learn more about it all.

I don't have a channel, and I can't share my videos here, at least I haven't figured out how to yet. My mill is a Mobil dimension brand mill powered by a VW motor, it's amazing ! There are many videos of it on YouTube, I highly recommend you check it out!

My wife said last night “I don’t know how you can stand to keep watching these videos”. I pointed out that 270k others watched it too!! I chainsaw mill personally but thoroughly enjoy bandsaw and circle mills. You know, milling got me through my winter depression that I’d usually experience. After work I’d suit up, clean snow and ice off the logs, and run the chainsaw down a for a few slabs! Kept me going! Our residential home now looks like a sawmill and lumberyard but I’m learning a lot and it should become somewhat profitable in the next year or two. I’ve helped a few neighbors with their tree work and removed their unwanted logs. Our 4,6,and 8 year olds have become experienced with a hatchet and driving the large lawn tractor (with daddy next to them of course) The youngest even enjoys a good milling video!

My wife said last night “I don’t know how you can stand to keep watching these videos”. I pointed out that 270k others watched it too!! I chainsaw mill personally but thoroughly enjoy bandsaw and circle mills. You know, milling got me through my winter depression that I’d usually experience. After work I’d suit up, clean snow and ice off the logs, and run the chainsaw down a for a few slabs! Kept me going! Our residential home now looks like a sawmill and lumberyard but I’m learning a lot and it should become somewhat profitable in the next year or two. I’ve helped a few neighbors with their tree work and removed their unwanted logs. Our 4,6,and 8 year olds have become experienced with a hatchet and driving the large lawn tractor (with daddy next to them of course) The youngest even enjoys a good milling video!
I'm part owner of a Mobil Dimension mill, my son owns a real nice Woodmizer, and I do a lot of chainsaws milling, they all have their place. I think I like the product of the chainsaw mill the most! I posted pics of a deck I built from wood all cut with chainsaws in another thread, it surprised me at how it came out and has stood the test of time, been through 5 yrs of use and abuse so far and needs a renew on the finish, but I still have the original 5 gal. can with about 2 gal. left over. IMG_20210626_162540.jpg

Grizz, is this your mill? He said he’s partners in it
Nope, we're in Northern Calif. Our mill was a wreck, sat for years rusting away, spent a year getting it up and running. The company no longer makes these mills, but they still carry a complete line of parts, and customer service is the best I've ever seen. They're located in Troutdale ,Oregon, and 2 day delivery is their standard!

Bandsaw mills are great. I bought mine five or six years ago to mill a timber frame out and it's become family. Just built a trailer for it this spring and now I'm cutting logs to feed it on a 2,000 acre hunting club. I won't spam you guys with video links but my channel name is the same as my username here. I might add that my old username here was jimdad07.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back