Getting rocks in chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlc11010

Reaction score
How do you guys prevent getting small rocks in the chipper. During the cleanup there are a lot of small sticks that we want to chip, but if we rake into a bucket we pick up rocks. So the boss has us go around and pick up the little sticks for the chipper. This is very time consuming. Any advice?

How do you guys prevent getting small rocks in the chipper. During the cleanup there are a lot of small sticks that we want to chip, but if we rake into a bucket we pick up rocks. So the boss has us go around and pick up the little sticks for the chipper. This is very time consuming. Any advice?
Open the trap door underneath!

I thought this was part of Chipping Basics. When we clean up no one touches a rake. Or if they do, the raked stuff goes directly into the chips, and not through the machine.

Sometimes a homeowner appears with a rake before he/she can be informed. Any raked material from them is deposited on the chipper table where I paw thru it thoroughly. Can't tell you how many times I've picked out a rock and held it up in someone's face (can't hear $hite over the chipper) to emphasize: you do not bring raked material to the chipper.

Its not 100% but we make a pile of rakings then use a 4 prong pitch fork to pick up the bigger bits that get put in the chipper (pitch forks or garden forks dont tend to pick up stones), rest gets shoveled into the truck.

Throw the last few scoops in the back of the chip truck.... I have been mad and fed em through the chipper before though... Not my chipper. Lol.

Latest posts

Back