"go back, go back, go back to where you once belonged"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's little tweaks you can do to help make it more viewable.

in IE8 change the "zoom" size to 125%.

use your graphics card to darken the colors if they're too bright.

i'm kinda used to it now and like it.

How can you be "kinda" used to it but yet like it. I would think you have to be full used to it before you would like. And if you have to do multiple changes to your computer settings to make a once good website tolerable, thats not a good thing.

Zoom What?

there's little tweaks you can do to help make it more viewable.

in IE8 change the "zoom" size to 125%.

use your graphics card to darken the colors if they're too bright.

i'm kinda used to it now and like it.
Users are expected to know what IE8 is? Why is this not an easy option from the main menu under "View"?

I cannot even find a View option from the main menu. Also, a gradual zoom of anything does not exist. Is Windows dead?

Also don't click too a bit too far to the right of Settngs. You will be asked to log out.

Absurd placement. Edwin is shaking his head (can't find an icon that does that for me).

Last edited:
Hey folks, look around... It's getting better... Just give them a little time...

Yes, but that's like taking away our Dolmar 7900, give us a Poulan WildThang (complete with matching color scheme)...and in response to complaints they do some muffler mods and say, "look how much better it is then a stock WildThang, just imagine what we can do with some more bench time!"

It IS better then it was Thursday. It doesn't hurt my eyes as much.

But it is far, far inferior theme to what they had before.

A big hint things are screwed up on a webpage: when folks talk about adjusting the size in IE8 or using your video card settings to make it readable.

This new website is slow on my computer very slow!!There's like a delay reaction after you click on something.Don't care for this new web so much.

Pete

I am officially satisfied with the changes....like that means anything!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I think the changes are awesome! Granted they have already adjusted a few things and I am sure there are more to come. if you use any other boards you could tell this one was behind a couple upgrades at least. You can hover over a topic and read the first couple lines now, you can decide whether to open it or not instead of basing your decision on just the title. You can see what threads you have replied to or read already at a glance. I think the advertising is using LESS memory/bandwidth than before.

The emoticons are small, that might be adjustable.
Some pics are displayed, and some are not. I have tried adjusting my computer and it makes no difference. Must be how the pics are uploaded or embedded. Some pics open in a new window that you can close and return back to the thread, others seem to open in the window you are in, and you have to hit the "back" button or you have closed the window and you must sign back in and find the place you were at. I just watch where I am an be careful after opening a pic.
I still think the For sale area is as screwy as a 3 legged dog with fleas.

Hey I am happy my membership fees have not gone up and the ridiculous prices I pay to come here are manageable. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back