Go Fund Me Fundraiser For Adirondackstihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a dollar for everytime that I've refreshed this thread, I'd give it to you @Adirondackstihl .....since I don't have that much, I'd like to assume ownership of the Homelite SXL donated by @RandyMac

@RandyMac and @Mastermind would you be willing to auction this off, with the proceeds going to @Adirondackstihl ?

@Adirondackstihl I've been in a situation similar to yours, it's tough. It is even tougher if you don't prioritize mental health. Please don't rule out individual counseling of some sort for both of you. Please forgive me for speaking these un-manly words on a chainsaw forum....

I've cleaned up the RandyMac Homelite "Old Blue" SXL-AO. Rebuilt a Tillotson HS (to replace the chinese Zama C2) and replaced the fuel line and oiler pickup line. Replaced the fuel cap vent. Swapped in an NOS air filter element. Serviced the clutch, put a new rope in the starter, cleaned up the bar and put a good used 60DL loop of Homelite chisel chain on it. A 59DL loop would be a better fit, but I didn't have any good 59DL loops left.

Anywho, it starts and runs (and oils), but isn't tuning right yet. Wandering L side tune, and won't 4-stroke up top like it should. Acting like an air leak. Replaced the FW side crank seal and it's running better, but still not right. Tomorrow I'll dig through my parts stash............as I THINK I still have one PTO side seal (Homelite 58308) left. Will swap the seal in if I have one, or will order one if I don't. There's some on eBay. Will finish getting this saw squared away and then send it to whoever it needs to go to via FedEx.

Was too dark this afternoon/evening to take pics of the saw. Will shoot and post a couple tomorrow.

IMG_20151128_170541985_HDR_zpsfqbeahqn.jpg

IMG_20151128_171032241_HDR_zps7pkndfwd.jpg

Crank seal replacement. When I pulled the FW off there was a buncha 'radially flung' spooge. Under the seal there was a ton of sawdust/mung (visible around the crank in the seal recess). Looks like it was breathing past the seal. PTO side is probably just about as bad. Once I replace that seal it'll have fresh rubber all around.

IMG_20151128_152727265_zpsizslpzlh.jpg

IMG_20151128_152654206_HDR_zps6urn5jpk.jpg

HS179A that I rebuilt to replace the chinese Zama (Homelite used a few Zamas right at the end of the production run.........around 1994-1995 or so when this saw was made). This particular Tillotson isn't very common. Most of these saws have the Walbro/Homelite SDC or the Zama. Early saws have Tillotsons, but those have a larger fuel inlet barb that's intended for the large line used on the 'wick' pickup tanks. Found this HS179A on a late XL-12 parts saw in my stash and was saving it for something special....

Any update on the Mrs?
She had a rheumatologist appt yesterday. The guy was a total azzhole to her. She had seen a previous rheumatologist bout a month ago. But we wanted a 2nd opinion. This jack wagon asked her why she was "here" because she's already been seen....etc etc. Phricken guy never even made eye contact with her. Needless to say, she left there crying.

She had a rheumatologist appt yesterday. The guy was a total azzhole to her. She had seen a previous rheumatologist bout a month ago. But we wanted a 2nd opinion. This jack wagon asked her why she was "here" because she's already been seen....etc etc. Phricken guy never even made eye contact with her. Needless to say, she left there crying.

I once put my hands on a doctor over my wife. I like to think I'm past that part of my life where violence is my first thought.....but I know better.

Sorry to hear that Jeremy. I agree a letter to the hospital or facility that employs this
doctor should be sent. I have written a few over the years and was always contacted by
someone in patient relations for a follow up discussion/clarification of incident.

Latest posts

Back