ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

God given right......

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
Does it mean anything to you? In regards to what? Care to elaborate?

I was watching FOX News and Judge Jeanine Pirro. She was talking about the 2nd Amendment and Joe Biden wanting to strip us of our gun rights. She stated that the right to possess firearms was a God given right. I found that statement to be rather curious.

Anyways, I just wanted to see how some of you felt about what she said. You got an opinion, let it be known................

Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Addicted to ArboristSite
It is a right given by the constitution of this country that was written by men in an attempt to have a balance against tyrannical governments. They were Godly men but nothing in scriptures about firearms, however, men's role is to be a protector. God's word just doesn't spell out with what tool....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
From the preamble to the Constitution:

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness—That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men.....

In other words, our rights come from God, not government. The purpose of government is to uphold the rights given by God.
One of the rights is self-defense from evil men or evil governments. That means weapons, which includes guns.

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
From the preamble to the Constitution:

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness—That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men.....

In other words, our rights come from God, not government. The purpose of government is to uphold the rights given by God.
One of the rights is self-defense from evil men or evil governments. That means weapons, which includes guns.
Amen brother.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Read Luke 22: 36, Jesus said, " if you do not have a sword, sell your coat and buy a sword."
The goal, however, is to turn those swords into plowshares...
ISAIAH 2:4

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

ArboristSite Guru
"God given" I take to mean as intrinsic to the human condition, not being provided by government. I don't believe in god, so he can't give me rights. Same way when someone says "god bless you" I take that to mean good wishes upon me and am thankful for someone else's positive thoughts towards me. I'm not a jerk about it and don't get tied up with the religious side of it.

The Constitution places limits on the government, it doesn't give us rights. Those rights exist regardless, the Constitution is telling the government to keep it's hands off them. That's why polls saying "90% of respondents think a gun in the home makes people less safe" are meaningless. Our rights are not a popularity contest and should not be up for a vote.

old guy

old guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
The goal, however, is to turn those swords into plowshares...
ISAIAH 2:4

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
That is for a time which is yet to come and is nearly here.

Joel 3: 10 reads, beat you your plowshares into swords.

Brushwacker

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
The bible is the bloodiest book ever written, all hebrew boys over 20 were expected to handle the sword.
Read the book of Joshua, much blood.
If the Hebrew boys did not handle the sword do you think there would be any Hebrew boys left today?
If the founding fathers did not handle guns do you think we would have the USA?

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think Unc got it right, as to the op question...

But, does that mean "god-given rights" only apply to Americans, since it is in the Constitution?
:popcorn2:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Personally, I don't believe in "god-given" rights.
I do believe in personal self-defense.
All life has the "right" to protect itself from harm. by whatever means necessary.
Natural instinct for survival is what I'd call it.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
animals have survived for billions of years on earth without guns or fairy tales
mankind however .......
Frank, that has got to be the most absurd thing I've seen from you yet. :numberone:

If humans had the claws of grizzly bear, the fangs of a Lion, the speed of a cheetah, and the strength of a gorilla, we wouldn't need guns either.

...and, like, animals don't kill each other??
Idk about you sometimes, Frank. :oops:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
All of the anti-gun right people not focused on the root of the problem, and most certainly not considering the millions of people who have guns for reasons other than self defense.
Punishing law-abiding citizens rather than the criminals is insane... and has nothing to do with stopping murders.

INSANE

frank_

frank_

ArboristSite Guru
Frank, that has got to be the most absurd thing I've seen from you yet. :numberone:

If humans had the claws of grizzly bear, the fangs of a Lion, the speed of a cheetah, and the strength of a gorilla, we wouldn't need guns either.

...and, like, animals don't kill each other??
Idk about you sometimes, Frank. :oops:
yes animals kill each other for food, but only humans have anger and hatred tho (and i see an epidemic of hatred in places)