Going to make an offer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarineScott

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My neighbor is up in age (80) and some what well off. I get all my wood from his property free of charge,so when I get the chance I do what he needs around the house and vehicle maintenance too. As I was repairing his shelving in the garage, I moved a book case and behind it was a Stihl MS361 in a case. My question is, what should I offer him? I never knew he had this saw the whole time I have known him.

Just say "Hey, I tripped over that old orange saw back there while fixing shelves. Been looking for a back-up saw if you want to get rid of it! "

Exactly...worse-case scenario is he wants to hold on to it. But if the day comes and he wants to give it to someone or sell, I bet you'll get first shot at it.

Just take it, he might not notice.

Before retiring I was a Police Officer for 31 years. I have dealt with enough thieves, liars and scum bags to last a lifetime, and could care less about political correctness.. It is not humorous to insinuate stealing from an elderly person.

:laughing:

Before retiring I was a Police Officer for 31 years. I have dealt with enough thieves, liars and scum bags to last a lifetime, and could care less about political correctness.. It is not humorous to insinuate stealing from an elderly person.
!! "THANK YOU SIR" !!, for being another one of our great hero's for your service......

damn straight,, and he meant what he typed....history....

I dunno, offer 250-300 based on condition. If it was put there to get fixed "some day" because-say-it was straight gassed years ago, then reconsider what it might be worth, maybe one benjamin if the outside is primo?

If you don't like my sense of humor then just ignore me. I don't really need you telling me right from wrong you self righteous moron. Nobody cares that you were a pig.

Most of the time, people that are well off know the value of a dollar and are cheap. But years of being helped out most likely changes things. You won't know unless you ask.

If you don't like my sense of humor then just ignore me. I don't really need you telling me right from wrong you self righteous moron. Nobody cares that you were a pig.
! "P-I-G ! = PROUDE=INTEGRITY=GUTS!! and I will say again !! "THANK YOU SIR" !! for your service!!

Latest posts

Back