Going to make an offer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of house...
Sadly... it ain't lookin' so good... we're lookin' 'round for new livin' quarters.
What happened ain't right... but it ain't illegal either.
I could spend more money and delay the inevitable... but the inevitable don't change.
I'm back at plan A... extract satisfaction when the opportunity presents itself (shrug)

Sadly... it ain't lookin' so good... we're lookin' 'round for new livin' quarters.
What happened ain't right... but it ain't illegal either.
I could spend more money and delay the inevitable... but the inevitable don't change.
I'm back at plan A... extract satisfaction when the opportunity presents itself (shrug)
I wish you guys the best. Maybe a nice airtight house with an efficient non-elitist stove. And lots of standing dead elm nearby.

I hear Washington has some great deals going on right now. And being a flatlander maybe you and ALL your kin folk can take advantage of the deals and become mountain folk. I bet you would not piss anyone off. Really, I'm serious, like living a whole new way. Another country in the same country. You could be the first American born foreigner.

Thank you... both.

Good luck on the house and home search, it ain't ever fun when you *have* to move. But..ya never know what you might find. I looked at ten acres (about two cleared yard and big garden, rest woods), small spring/pond and old farmhouse last summer, much further out than we are here by some miles down older roads, looked just for a hoot, craigslist ad, 50 grand. It was actually pretty decent and seemed fair priced.

Good luck on the house and home search, it ain't ever fun when you *have* to move. But..ya never know what you might find. I looked at ten acres (about two cleared yard and big garden, rest woods), small spring/pond and old farmhouse last summer, much further out than we are here by some miles down older roads, looked just for a hoot, craigslist ad, 50 grand. It was actually pretty decent and seemed fair priced.

Sounded like a helluva place for $50K...can't touch a quarter acre lot in Warner Robins for that now. Pissin in the wind here now if ya don't wanna pony up...then ya get to figure the homestead to build. I'd love to have a retreat place like that in N Ga...would be awesome around Helen/Brasstown Bald area. It's gonna happen one day, man upstairs willin, gotta get my 16 yr old daughter into/outta college first though. Every man can dream, righto??..I just wanna make it happen. And I'm a headin that direction as best I can. Least I hope.

Sounded like a helluva place for $50K...can't touch a quarter acre lot in Warner Robins for that now. Pissin in the wind here now if ya don't wanna pony up...then ya get to figure the homestead to build. I'd love to have a retreat place like that in N Ga...would be awesome around Helen/Brasstown Bald area. It's gonna happen one day, man upstairs willin, gotta get my 16 yr old daughter into/outta college first though. Every man can dream, righto??..I just wanna make it happen. And I'm a headin that direction as best I can. Least I hope.

...back when we were young in the 70's/80's, mom/dad would take us camping in the Hiawassee Mnts in/around Helen...the ol' Delonnegha days. Used to be a US Mint at one time.

Helen area is unreal nice, man..spendy....

Helen area is unreal nice, man..spendy....

Good to hear from ya Zoggs...Yeh, real spendy now. Been that way for yrs. I just wanna get a 'touch, a big touch' above Alpharetta...to where I don't even see that high fallutin' area in the local yocal phone book. Actually, I wanna get to where ain't no phone book. I'll figure out on my own where the local grocery shop, beer store is. Lol

Back