Good deal or Great deal? Got pics up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54bogger

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine wanted to stop by the pawn shop last week so I went in with him. While walking around I saw some used chainsaws, and one of them was a Stihl 440 magnum. I checked the price tag and it read $259.99 so I asked the young clerk what was the best he could do on it and he said $259.00 out the door tax included.
So we left the pawn shop without the saw, but later I went back to run it. It fired right up but was idling high for some reason, and the oiler wasn't oiling the chain. When I showed him he said he would give me a deal on the saw (which had just come in the day before). With tax included I bought the saw for $183.64.
I took it home and ran it thru some 20in oak and it cuts like a champ!

Good deal on the saw but your picts didn`t show up, another Photobucket fiasco.

If you are on Mozilla Firefox install the extension named "Photobucket Hotlink Fix". I've installed it a week ago and it really fixes the issue. Being so small and free it's worth a try.

This is the first time I've had this problem with photobucket, I'll get the pics up. As far as it idling, I'll check how the low idle screw is set. Thanks.

Back