Good deal or Great deal? Got pics up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, the stihl dealers here locally say they CAN'T sell me the adjustment tool. So I ordered a set of 6 various adjustment tools off amazon. Supposed to be here today along with the HD2 filter and dual port muffler cover I ordered for it.

Thanks everyone, the stihl dealers here locally say they CAN'T sell me the adjustment tool. So I ordered a set of 6 various adjustment tools off amazon. Supposed to be here today along with the HD2 filter and dual port muffler cover I ordered for it.

There's things I like about Stihl.......and things that I don't like about them.

It's a constant tug-of-war match I tell ya.............:dizzy:

Yea I know what you mean. Today I took off the carb and removed the limiter caps. Now with the HD2 filter and Hyway dual port cover I adjusted the H screw out 1 full turn (it was set at 3/4 previous). The L screw is about 5/16's out. The saw seems happy there, what do y'all think about those settings?
Oh yea, I left the limiter caps off.

Yea I know what you mean. Today I took off the carb and removed the limiter caps. Now with the HD2 filter and Hyway dual port cover I adjusted the H screw out 1 full turn (it was set at 3/4 previous). The L screw is about 5/16's out. The saw seems happy there, what do y'all think about those settings?
Oh yea, I left the limiter caps off.

What special tool did you set the carb screws with?

LOL, a flat tip screw driver. But I had to remove the limiter caps first. I've never adjusted a saw before so all this is new to me. So what is the special tool that the stihl dealer says they can't sell?

Latest posts

Back