Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. motor head

motor head Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning everyone,It’s 74 degrees going to 90 Have a good day:drinkingcoffee:

2. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning all, 47° and sunny. Animals are fed and watered, Egyptian rooster is now with the Pharaohs. No wake up crowing this AM but a pile of feathers in my neighbor's field. Don't know yet how or why or when, but I did spot a fisher near our place yesterday afternoon, maybe 1/4 mile away. Might be time to start carrying again. The neighbors dog is on a shock collar most of the time but the chickens are not. They take their chances when they are out and about. Time to go gather more wood today. Play safe out there.

3. Karla

Karla Addicted to ArboristSite

Very pretty and thanks for sharing the pictures, I like to paint in watercolors and acrylics but when I see the colors in nature, It is just so impossible to capture those true colors !

4. Karla

Karla Addicted to ArboristSite

I was up at 5:30 am and out early, I went to the grocery store this morning at 7 am, and my weekly grocery shopping is all done, and the groceries are out away, and now sipping on a mug of Hazelnut coffee. I am still Shopping for another project chainsaw, but I am thinking its going to be another Autotune, I think I would like to find a Model 576, that looks like a good size chainsaw. I wish the neighbor would let me on his property to cut down some trees for him, he has 5 - 6 really good size trees that are completely dead right now, and would be the perfect time to take them down. I think they are all OAK trees and 60-70 ft tall, and maybe 18 - 20 " diameters. Also they are No where near power lines or his house, and would just be so easy to take down. It would be a few day project, but Wow - I could definitely do some cutting, and testing my chainsaws. LOL

5. Wolfcsm

Wolfcsm RETIRED SOLDIER

Good morning all

61 and clear this morning.

Hal

6. Sagetown

Sagetown Farmer and a STIHL

Wish I was along with ya.
    Happy Shootin'.

7. Sty57

Sty57 Addicted to ArboristSite

Good So far buddy!

8. Gugi47

Gugi47 ArboristSite Hit Man

9. SeMoTony

SeMoTony Addicted to ArboristSite

Reminds me of my desire to become member of the nearby range. Three miles away and two or three hundred yards to sight into!
    Scott the MO commission rep had a bad attitude and I had to tell him he was agressive to me. His trouble was the drive time and this that and the other thing. Dude spent twenty minutes getting prepped and telling me his stuff, then two sentences answering my question. He may not recall they pay him
    Less than 2 hours ago stated had appointment coming with state VA commission. Scott forgot I came in for advice. His attitude blew swamp gass and I told him before leaving. He was 2 busy making exuses for late start and his own dissatisfaction w/job to spend much time hearing me. At least he gave me an answer to my question, before I told him his behaviour was agressive toward me. I believed if he took it up a bit higher I wood not be as hurt as he wood have been. Nothing like gov't employees to make yoooor day

10. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

thumbnail_IMG_4004.jpg

Fire across the street from my wife's office. I think that place is a bar & grill

11. PhilMcWoody

PhilMcWoody Recharging Battery

Thanks Larry, we are praying for you and your family like cloistered monks old buddy.

Love your spirit, and go easy on yourself, don't beat yourself up ya hear!
    Great to hear the BP is back in check

12. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

Good afternoon peoples.
    Busy day today.

Howdy Mark, it's obvious the guy on the bike did it :laugh:.

Have a good day folks.

13. PhilMcWoody

PhilMcWoody Recharging Battery

Have a great day Todd, into the home stretch for you!

14. grack

grack Addicted to ArboristSite

Good afternoon guy's d5cc8d692fb7ae1695fc8c38fdaaa534--funny-jokes-funny-gifs.jpg

15. LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl Addicted to ArboristSite

Anytime is a good time to shoot. Wish they gave us more ammo

16. grack

grack Addicted to ArboristSite

I've been busy at work.
    Seals haven't arrived yet anyway.
    Doesn't take long to put 372s together.
    Been running the 272/372 saw it's doing great.

17. Groundman One

Groundman One Star Gazer

Afternoon. :)

Today was almost painless. Had to pop some Advil again this morning because my neck (herniated disks) was acting up, but once I got moving it was much better, and it was a gorgeous sunny day and the perfect work temperature. And both properties we worked at today were really nice. Not fancy, just nice relaxed places and very... comfortable. I'd be happy to live at either one.

Hope you are well and looking at a nice Friday. :cheers:

18. Groundman One

Groundman One Star Gazer

Work story from yesterday. I'll try to keep it short. As if... :reading:

We go to remove an antennae from one tree and put it in another for our antennae contractor guy. The client says he wants the tree the antennae is in cut down. It's a half-dead maple (18" by 50' or so) that his second floor deck is built around. We tell him $700 to bring it down to deck level, piece by piece, lots of roping, no disposal. He asks if we can just drop in in one shot for less money. Sure we can, and we'll destroy your deck in the process, and maybe break your pool and house while we're at it. He says he doesn't care about the deck, but would prefer we don't destroy his house or swimming pool. Loooong debate follows between my climber and I, and it is decided we'll drop it in one shot, with the understanding that his deck is toast, and though we will do our best, we guarantee nothing and there will be no insurance coverage for the job. The client says fine. Then, because I am a PITA, the customer and I have "the talk".

I tell him that no insurance means no insurance. He says fine. I tell him that if we break his septic tank near where the base of the tree will land after crashing through the deck... no insurance. Now he looks surprised. What part of no insurance didn't he understand? He walks around and ponders and asks if we'll do our best. Obviously we will, but we guarantee nothing. He says fine, go ahead. Then I tell him again, in my coldest voice with my finger between his eyes, if the tree snaps and crashes through your house and kills your dog and you are left homeless, we walk away and you get no insurance. His eyes go wide and he kind of freaks out. Again, what part of no insurance didn't he understand? He walks around and ponders for another ten-minutes. I counsel him to let us do the tree the normal safe way or not at all. I would have refused the one-shot deal, but I was overruled.

In the end, I make the guy sign a "You're ****ed!" waiver - I'm not the boss, but I am the cold hard business bastard and I'm allowed to act like it - and four of us sign it as witnesses, and we shake hands. Then we drop the tree. :eek:

It was fine. It destroyed the deck and nothing else. The guy pays us, we shake hands, he remarks what a bastard I am, I agree, and we leave.

And I told my climber and the antennae guy after that if we had destroyed the house, waiver or no, 100% the guy would have sued us. We shouldn't have done the job. But such is life. :drinkingcoffee:

19. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

:clap::rock::bowdown:you get the BIG male appendage award for the day GM.:rock2: way to go!

20. Groundman One

Groundman One Star Gazer

Well, I was being a prick, that's for sure.

But thanks. :D

Sagetown, chipper1, SeMoTony and 7 others like this.