Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning all, 37° and cloudy with occasional snow flakes. Animals are fed and watered, humans have eaten and the coffee is within reach. Finally got a chance to see some deer while hunting. Even got a chance to take a shot and the results of 3 1/2 hours on stand is a single drop of blood the size of a BB. After action report seems to go with poor shot placement choice and/or nicking a limb :angry::dumb2:. I thought I was aiming at a spot just behind the shoulder but the results say otherwise:cry:. After my hunting buddy stood at the point where the deer stood I find that a low hanging Hemlock limb may have spoiled my plans :crazy2:. Over an hour of searching revealed no more blood drops along the well marked retreat path. Several choice words were directed at me by me :dumb:. A rookie mistake and not even buck fever since it was a doe. Play safe out there.

2. Karla

Karla Addicted to ArboristSite

I need one of them too, that would be a nice trade. LOL. I had my hair done on Tuesday, and while I was there the shop owner said she was having the tree taken down outside the Hair Salon and her home. It was a really good size sycamore tree, maybe 3 ft plus at the trunk diameter and 50-60 ft tall with big branches that went over her front porch, and part of the house roof, oh and then there was a wide sidewalk directly under the tree which the roots had started to lift the sidewalk. Also there were no leaves on the tree, so I think its been dead for a while, I didn't see any decay but it could be bad inside, Anyhow she said they were charging her $1600.- to take the tree down, not sure If that included any cleanup or just stacking the wood up. I was half tempted to give her a better price, but it would probably take me two or three days to do all the work myself, and being close to someones business and home really scares me If the tree goes the wrong way, there were no power lines overhead, and had about 270 degrees of clear fall area out into a dirt driveway, maybe would have destroyed the sidewalk not sure. LOL.

Wolfcsm, chipper1, SawTroll and 6 others like this.
  3. Karla

Wow - Girl power, she is ready to start cutting some trees, and looks like she can really handle that chainsaw !

4. moondoggie

moondoggie Heater of Homes

IMG_20171207_110123295.jpg look what showed up this morning also. 340/346 breakfast! IMG_20171207_110143176.jpg Del said keep her rich for several tanks and I am feeding her plenty of fiber in the mean time.

5. SeMoTony

SeMoTony Addicted to ArboristSite

Moondoggie I wood bet any/all of them that dry and split. I'd he glad for all that don't need replacing after sitting unused for a few years. But that's just this old cynical veteran
    Below freezing/not much above freezing don't remember the numbers I looked at a few minutes ago:drinkingcoffee:
    Maybe not enough starting fluid:drinkingcoffee:
    Stay safe y'all

6. Gugi47

Gugi47 ArboristSite Hit Man

7. grack

grack Addicted to ArboristSite

Good afternoon guy's 85529818.jpg

8. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

9. ray benson

ray benson Tree Freak

Finished getting rid of the rotted timbers for the vegetable garden cross at the church. It ended up filling 3 small dumpsters at the church - it's emptied once a week. Took one pickup load to the Highland dump last week and a small pickup load to the Hobart dump today.

10. Karla

Too funny, I have seen that done to my neighbors Garage Door, by their dog that they locked up in the garage, when they went away for the day. I would have gladly taken the dog for the day but they never asked me, he was the best dog (I Think it was a Retriever) anyhow he was the nicest dog. Fortunately it was a single garage door that they had to replace and Not a double size door. It still cost them a few dollars to get the new door, and the dog never went very far, I think he came over in my yard while they were gone. Too Funny & The neighbors were like crazy when they got home and saw the damage.

SawTroll, chipper1, Sagetown and 6 others like this.
  11. motor head

motor head Addicted to ArboristSite

Good evening.Hope everyone had a good day :)

12. Buckshot00

Buckshot00 00

Good afternoon. Forgot to check in this morning.

13. Sty57

Sty57 Addicted to ArboristSite

Good evening everyone!
    Looks like we hit 18° for a high today.
    Hope you all had a great day.

14. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

evening all. no deer for me or @nomad_archer today. lots of fresh tracks but they don't make very good soup. moma is away so i'm fending for myself in the kitchen tonite. have a great evening gang. :cheers:
    [​IMG]:clap:

15. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

h3E9A6971.gif

'evening all. Slo day at the SA ranch

16. Sagetown

Sagetown Farmer and a STIHL

Looks good, and farm ready.

17. nomad_archer

nomad_archer Addicted to ArboristSite

Good evening all. Not much activity on the deer front with farmer Steve today. But I am limited in hunting time because I need to get the kiddo on and off the bus.

18. Sagetown

Sagetown Farmer and a STIHL

19. nomad_archer

nomad_archer Addicted to ArboristSite

Bummer I was hoping you got into something after I needed to hit the road.

20. PhilMcWoody

PhilMcWoody Recharging Battery

Cheers Brett,

Yes, no prob here, the sound of gunfire in the morning is usually skeet shooters or duck hunters ... out here "in the country," LOL
    or, depending on the wind direction, sometimes the Police shooting range in the Bronx — just across the Sound — can be heard.

I did go into the big city — downtown Manhattan today.
    And rediscovered some of the things I don;t miss and others I do.

What was first striking was the cold biting wind — it was sunny and cool on the island, but those tall buildings cast shadows, cancel the sun and accelerate the wind seemingly five fold. It was like the Hawk in Chicago was practicing for winter.

A shocker was how hard it was to get a cab back across town. If I wasn't helping my boss carry stuff, I might have walked. But ... the impression I got was that UBER has crushed the time-honored yellow cab industry. Seemed like UBERs were 10 or 20:1.

The place was teeming with people as ever. LEO and military presence in Penn Station was numerous and very visible and has been since 9/11. Reassuring if anything...

it's so funny to see big-and small box suburban franchises like Home Depot or Dunkin Donuts in a New York City context. They adapt and inprovise in all sorts of improbably city spaces.