ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Gugi47

Gugi47 ArboristSite Hit Man

SawTroll, Wolfcsm, joe kool and 7 others like this.
  2. Groundman One

Groundman One Star Gazer

Back from one shoveling job. Time for some tea, finish up shoveling my place, early lunch, then out for another shoveling job.

These tea breaks on shoveling days are lovely. :drinkingcoffee: "Slurp!"

3. nomad_archer

nomad_archer Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning everyone. It's going into the 50's today. I hope to get some of the cars washed after work today.

It's my favorite time of the year.... Got BS?[​IMG]

4. SawTroll

SawTroll Information Collector

Good morning/afternoon/evening all! :drinkingcoffee:

+5C/41F by 5:25 pm and raining today, after some cooler days with just a little snow (on sunday).

There are warnings about driving conditions, as the rain is freezing when it hits the frozen ground.

5. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

they look familiar. :rolleyes:

6. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

just in for a snack before i unload some wood. stopped at the big kids (stihl) store and picked up 3 chains and a 3 pack of files for the 241(and 023 and 250). whopping total of $41.72 for all. :rock2: ok back to work. and it's 58*/sunny right now.:happy:

7. nomad_archer

nomad_archer Addicted to ArboristSite

Those are definately not from the hill. They just aren't as good. The ones you sent me home with are long gone. But the grocery store had grown in the USA BS for $0.99 a lb. They were at the end of their shelf life and needed to be cooked soon. I bought all 8lbs that were avaliable.

8. Michigan Escapee

Michigan Escapee ArboristSite Operative

Temp is about 40ish, kinda rainy. For entertainment at work today I get to see if a pack of machinery maintenance people can remove an 800 pound aluminum flywheel without killing themselves, and/or everyone in the area. ;) Good news is, I think they're starting the work on 1st shift, so all the Forklift Driver Klaus action will mostly be over with by the time I get there. :D

SawTroll, Wolfcsm, Oldmaple and 11 others like this.
  9. chipper1

chipper1 Living Life to the Full

That's a pretty good price Steve, is that for the baby chains that make those Stihls perform so we'll :laugh:.
    I got some new files too, they came with some accessories, they cost a little more though :lol:.
    IMG_20171219_132612406.jpg

10. cheeves

cheeves Tree Freak

Yah thanks!
    Working in the woods under the conditions that I got this last load this morning is dangerous. Wet ground with icy snow is very slippery. Slick logs and branches on the ground. Taken some nasty falls and been really lucky. Have fallen on broken branches on logs that could impale easily. Even the scrub pine.....take a branch thats just an inch around but broken off a few inches from the log. Fall on that with a 70# log on your shoulder and you're in a world of hurt.
    But Pat and I managed to get a dead standing white oak about 13"s across. Very rare find around here to find one not rotten. Tree is solid and still heavy. Had to carry most of it out of the woods in single rounds about 45 yards to the truck. Bust azz!! Loads still on the truck. Had to come in and change my wet shirt. But is always a bonus getting wood this time of year! Getting thru the deep frozen puddles was a bit of a challenge. Luckily someone broke up the ice yesterday. Chunks were a good 2"s thick. This Dodge with the 318 and big tires is excellent.

11. cheeves

cheeves Tree Freak

I agree with Honey!

12. Karla

Karla Addicted to ArboristSite

Good Afternoon ! It was another busy tuesday morning, and also early afternoon was busy too. I had my Weight Watchers meeting today and got my hair done today too. The temperature is 55 degrees F. and the sun is shinning and everything is drying out, and all the snow is totally gone, not even a little patch. The Roofer was over to the house while, I was out this morning, and cleaned the leaves off my roof, and then cleaned the sidewalks too, Anyhow thats all done and with No leaves in the roof valleys, I now feel safe to use my wood stove and chimney, Hooray, Hooray.

SawTroll, Wolfcsm, Oldmaple and 10 others like this.
  13. Karla

Wow - Great deal, and its in my price range too, almost free, LOL.

14. Karla

Years ago, I had a couple large logs that a local sawmill was going to turn into lumber for me, and the initial price was pretty reasonable only about a $100.00 to do both logs which were Oak, anyhow before As I was talking with the owner, and told him I thought that was a good price, he then added but If I hit a nail or piece of steel I will have to charge you an additional $50.- for each tooth that gets damaged. Looking at the very large circular tooth blade, I think it was 3-4 feet in diameter with alot of teeth, I said No thank you I will just use the logs for firewood. LOL.

15. Karla

Thanks for the thought about Ignition coils (Limited vs. Unlimited). My guess would be that the Original Husqvarna Coil, was a limited coil. I could probably do some research on the coil part number but its pretty difficult to find any specifications on ignition coils. One of those components that they sort of keep as a mystery, LOL. The Aftermarket ignition coils, I suspect are unlimited ignition coils, they were super cheap priced, like maybe 2 coils for $10.00. My thoughts are to try another carburetor first because it was running, and when I tried adjusting the carburetor, thats when it started running sporadic, and then somewhere in that evolution of the tuning I got the backfire, scared the Geezies out of me, never heard one backfire. LOL. Anyhow a New experience. Also Lol.

16. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

Good afternoon all, 44° and getting darker. Animals about due for their evening snacks and the boiler needs filling. Went for one last walk in the woods looking for Bambi. All I found was track soup. The owner does seem to have a coyote problem as well. All the deer tracks were followed by coyote tracks. Better luck next year I guess. Had to sharpen my Super 2 after hitting a nail on some old boards. I cut between 2 boards but someone bent a nail over to cross the gap. Watched all the other boards after that a little more closely. Saw is all better now and ready for whatever comes it's way. Play safe out there.

SawTroll, Wolfcsm, Oldmaple and 12 others like this.
  17. motor head

motor head Addicted to ArboristSite

Good evening, Hope everyone had a good day :)

18. Sty57

Sty57 Tree Freak

Good evening everyone!
    Just messed around the house today. I did get some more chains sharpend. So I guess it was a total loss. [​IMG][​IMG]

19. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

could have used that on this today thorns-honeylocust.jpg . Wood was frozen & chains dulled much too quick

Wolfcsm, Oldmaple, moondoggie and 9 others like this.
  20. Sty57

Sty57 Tree Freak

Yup, once they get froze. It's like cutting concrete.