ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Addicted to ArboristSite

sounds like all the news is good news! :)

SeMoTony, Wolfcsm, chipper1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Backyard Lumberjack

thanks deaves, you, too! I had a day of big storm prep, hour or so of 4141 heading to College Station... some service to my splitter motor... and a patio umbrella stand project. that was a bit challenging. to get an idea, just think of driving out kingpins front end, 1930 Model A coupe... sitting outside since '43! lol

while I managed to get all the rusted stuck parts apart... I was on a collision course with destiny. a kick in the a** bit of destiny... :buttkick:then I got lucky... for just at the moment of fate... bad fate... my Guardian Angle stepped in and took over... again!

zga.jpg

3. Backyard Lumberjack

that is sad. especially since u knew him.

a few years back up at my ranch, just down the FM a click or two... there was a guy, older... and he always sat in his chair. by the window. it looked out onto the FM. I saw him there many times. he was in a wheelchair...

then I read in the local area newspaper... he had died. died in a fire accident. hte neighbors told me about it, too. the fire did not burn down the dwelling. he had a candle lit near where he was sitting... and somehow he picked it up and accidentally dropped it... into his lap. his condition prevented him from an effective escape... and his clothes caught fire and he died. I did not know him. only passed by.

but it was close enough to both sadden me and shock me, too...

4. Backyard Lumberjack

I had made a reply, but got timed out and somehow lost it... I must be getting sleepy... lol ;)

5. Backyard Lumberjack

I counted them Sage... the other day. I have a dozen pine trees in my yard. tall, too. one person said recently he thinks one of mine could be tallest in town... and sometimes the pine cone seeds take root. and I get lil baby pine trees. most have to go. but on side yard I have two very close together... trying to mature. maybe 8-9' tall. they are viewable from the street. I got the idea couple days ago to put outdoor Chirstmas lights on them. see them from the street... and from inside the house, too. :)

here is a pix of our Christmas tree indoors...

P5170007.JPG

6. Backyard Lumberjack

so, back to the Guardian Angel story. I don't know if u believe in them, but I sure do! and I totally :heart: mine. she has rescued me time and time again!

so this patio stand umbrella pole holder is getting weaker. rusted out in bottom of key component. I think a simple gusset weld job. but I note it can be unbolted from the stand, the cup. so get after it. BP Blaster. few hours soaking and some careful allenwrench work... to my surprise the allen holds and the fasteners yield to my efforts. then all 3 r out. but cannot separate the parts. upon further look-see... I see where I mite be able to drive them apart with a drift... and my 40 oz. ballpeen hammer. 4th wack and ka-ching! I hear the tube separate from heavy base... and hit bottom of tub I was using to support it. simple enough... so

I reach in and pick up the tube. a piece of metal tubing about 10" long or so. hollow, and thin walled. no doubt lived beyond its intended years of rains and outside living. the abuse is called severe rust! so I go to ck it out, inspect it... plan my next move. I shine my flashlight down into the tube :oops: and... OMG! :surprised3:

:surprised3: OMG!...

there in the middle of the tube and... not too happy about her sudden ride to the bottom of the tub... is a black widow spider. and I do not think she likes me! not after disrupting her home, hitting tube with hammer, the fall and sudden stop! and for sure I do not like her, nor seeing her there. yikes! I can see the orange hourglass on her satin black belly! living also in the country, I am no stranger to them... fire ants, brown recluse, copperheads, moccasins, scorpions, and... black widows! one must be alert, aware... and careful at all times.

so I tapped the tube on patio concrete floor... and out she came. her backside has got a bit smashed in all the excitement. so I go to get my needle pliers thinking too hurt to move, I want her. but she isn't hurt enuff not to disappear. omg, now I got a wounded out of sight dangerous spider on the loose! I can feel the stress building. :dizzy: I look about, no sign, then I bend down... and spot her. and remove her to a small jar via the end of my needle nose pliers. she was still moving about once in the jar. but not for long. I put a lid on it. she died shortly after. and I turned her over onto her back... and thanked:bowdown: my Guardian Angel... again! pix: tube, base where tube came out of.

P5170020.JPG P5170021.JPG

SeMoTony, Sagetown, chipper1 and 5 others like this.
  7. Backyard Lumberjack

and the black widow spider. so glad she dint fall out and onto my arm, or clothes... :confused:

P5170019.JPG

8. Backyard Lumberjack

bit now past 1 am,, Friday GMci'rs... its been a long day. and no nap. hope Friday is swell or as swell as possible for all.

so Good Morning... we down here are bracing for some bad weather Friday - Saturday. very heavy rains called for. our entire area... cold snow in the panhandle!

currently 64F going to 70F later today, then down to 52F. precip currently 30% but tv weatherman Tim, the ABC-13 weather director says 100% guaranteed Fri afternoon late. 8-10"!

great! :baba:

the 4141 train taking 41 to his final resting place was an impressive event here, today. the 4,300 hp diesel engine left Spring at 1:04 pm... and arrived in College Station around 3:30 pm after its NW route out of the Houston area. far exceeded anything I could have imagined and I only watched it from my living room sofa. so many people turned out to say good-bye and show their support. it was easy to feel the event's emotion. the people were on the granite ramps that hold the ties and the tracks. inches from the cars as they passed. never expected to see what I saw. a great tribute for a very great man. I once read here that this thread the GMci on the AS is the friendliest thread on the net. I have found it to be full of kindness...

one thing about George HW Bush that was repeatedly expressed a lot over the past week... along with his character, ability, integrity and honor... was that he was such a gracious kind person. one person was quoted on the tv this afternoon... he said, "I have been good, and I have been kind. but having attended this memorial event today I am moved... and in the future I will be better... and I will be kinder."

I shot these pix, didn't think I would post them. no doubt some have seen much of it thru streaming and/or national news in conjunction with their local news. but I think a very special event has just happened. so I will post them as thumbnails, and hope that you might enjoy some of it all as I saw it...

'over n out!'

Attached Files:

9. Backyard Lumberjack

10. Backyard Lumberjack

11. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

Good morning. 37*/cloudy. Happy cotton candy day. Playing deer guide/dog today for some of the boys. i need a break. With all the loadin and unloadin and stackin i did this week i prolly handled 5-6 cords.:dumb2: have a great day all. FS.

12. deaves61

deaves61 Tree Freak

Good morning all ,37/46 and cloudy, have a good day.

13. neely

neely Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning/afternoon to everyone; rain moving into the area by 8am forcast 3+”of rain Enjoy your day /weekend and be safe out there,,,, Peace

14. Sty57

Sty57 Addicted to ArboristSite

Nice!
    Santa must be trying to get a head start this year.

15. Sty57

This is what my guardian angel looks like most of the time.
    [​IMG]

16. Sty57

Good morning everyone!
    2°/14°F

Hope you all have swell day.

17. deaves61

deaves61 Tree Freak

Have a good day Brian.

18. nomad_archer

nomad_archer Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning. Same weather as FS. I dunno if deer dog and guide is much of a break. See you soon.

19. moondoggie

moondoggie A work in progress

Good morning everyone. 27°|46°

20. Sty57

You to Del!